Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good pub for party in city?

Options
  • 06-02-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am having going away drinks soon and i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with suggestions on good places in town.

We will be having a houseparty beforehand so I am guessing we wont be in town til 10ish (which i know will be quiet late if we are looking to reserve seating in a late bar)...Anyhow, there will be 20 + people heading into town and I want everyone to get into the same place, so that is why I think it was best if I were to book an area...

Could anyone suggest any pubs at all? Along the lines of the village...The village would have been ideal, but I am looking for somewhere different cos everytime they have been up, that's where we have been?

I myself would be into indie/alternative, but unfort majority rules on the music front so somewhere with chart music would do. But not places like flannerys etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

At around 10 there should still be loads of space in Sin E and they open late.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

We booked The Odeon for a similar night and it worked out great...generic music but lots of space and nice staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Cheers guys, hadnt even thought about either, good call, must get onto it!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

bobbles87 wrote: »
    Cheers guys, hadnt even thought about either, good call, must get onto it!

Solas, church, lafayette, diceys garden, lost society, south william, base bar, grafton lounge, noo bar, the bank, merchants arch, SIN, purty kitchen, q bar, fibbers on the quays, mcgrattans in the lane. I would go for mcgrattans :-)

Advertisement