Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuttings

Options
  • 06-02-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Has anyone any advice on growing cuttings - shrubs, hedge type plants?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 anyoldwood

What sort of shrubs and cuttings are you wanting to plant or do cuttings from, Fushia, are the best cuttings now, just cut a clean cut where No flowers are, out the end into rooting powder and plant in a pot, put a plastic bag iver the top, make sure its not touching the cutting, and in a couple of months, you will have a new plant. do you want cuttings ? just let me know - anyoldwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 M.Pellet

I take cuttings of rosemary,lavender and fuschia and pop them in a glass of water on the kitchen window.

I've discovered that if you use a glass with a green tinge instead of just clear glass,they root much faster.

Once a decent sysem of roots appear they can be transplanted into individual pots and just need to be watered from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Forest Fire

anyoldwood wrote: »
    What sort of shrubs and cuttings are you wanting to plant or do cuttings from, Fushia, are the best cuttings now, just cut a clean cut where No flowers are, out the end into rooting powder and plant in a pot, put a plastic bag iver the top, make sure its not touching the cutting, and in a couple of months, you will have a new plant. do you want cuttings ? just let me know - anyoldwood.

Thanks, I'm in Dun Laoghaire, where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Anyone got any tips on planting Holly, Laurel & beech cuttings?
    I been successful with rooting some laurel & holly but most beech has died.

Is it abit early to move laurel cuttings outside? (Frost forecast this weekend)
    All advice from personal experience welcome.

Advertisement