Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question on cancelling Eircom broadband contract

Options
  • 06-02-2012 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Greetings,

My fiancé signed us up for Eircom NGN broadband. The service was woeful. If there was a download running you couldnt view webpages. The connection constantly dropped off too.

She is trying to cancel now, but when she rang them, they said you've signed a contract and cannot cancel or you're due to pay the remainder of the contract (9 months).

We have no interest in speaking with support, or continuing with what has been an awful service.

Has anyone had any experience in how to rectify a situation like this?

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Greetings,

My fiancé signed us up for Eircom NGN broadband. The service was woeful. If there was a download running you couldnt view webpages. The connection constantly dropped off too.

She is trying to cancel now, but when she rang them, they said you've signed a contract and cannot cancel or you're due to pay the remainder of the contract (9 months).

We have no interest in speaking with support, or continuing with what has been an awful service.

Has anyone had any experience in how to rectify a situation like this?

Cheers! :)

Hi Max Carroll,

If you would like to PM with the eircom account number in question. I would need to run a few checks before I can advise further.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Max Carroll

Hi Max Carroll,

If you would like to PM with the eircom account number in question. I would need to run a few checks before I can advise further.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.
    Will send you some info now...

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.
    Will send you some info now...

Hi Max Carroll,

Got the details thanks, I will look into it and get back to you in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Max Carroll,

Got the details thanks, I will look into it and get back to you in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

Can you believe I am STILL trying to cancel this account?!
    Despite numerous calls to various Eircom 'departments' (including the cancellations department who told me they cannot cancel the account!) and emails to 'cancellations' addresses ([EMAIL="phonecancellations@eircom.ie) I"]phonecancellations@eircom.ie) I[/EMAIL] have had no joy and no response other than new bills.
    Crazy stuff!

Can you believe I am STILL trying to cancel this account?!
    Despite numerous calls to various Eircom 'departments' (including the cancellations department who told me they cannot cancel the account!) and emails to 'cancellations' addresses (phonecancellations@eircom.ie) I have had no joy and no response other than new bills.
    Crazy stuff!

Hi Max Carroll,

I can confirm cancellations received your e-mail on the 13/03/12. I can confirm the account will be completly ceased on the 11/04/12 as per the 30 day process.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mark

Im not sure if you can feed this back, or advise, but I consider the account cancelled 2 months ago. Also to my knowledge the direct debits were also cancelled some time ago.

Can you advise why it took two months to cancel the account and why I had to post online, on a 3rd party werbsite, to get any form of response?

Can you also advise where to send the equiptment as I am loathe to throw it in the bin as advised by someone in Eircom before.

Cheers

Advertisement