Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting back into horse riding

Options
  • 06-02-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi,

my girlfriend was really into horse riding when she was younger, did some show jumping too but didn't continue it competitively, she's 25 now and looking to get back into things, very much as a hobby rather than to compete and we don't really know where to start looking. Anywhere that would offer horse riding lessons for adults in the south dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The 2 equestrian centres in south Dublin/North Dublin are Carrickmines and Brennanstown. I've only been to each once, but personally I preferred the staff at Carrickmines, but the facilities at Brennanstown would be better.

There's also a thread here with a list of contact details for equestrian centres.

I'm sure there will be a few people on here to give their recommendations, but in the meantime there have been a few other threads in the recent past which may give you some other places for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Brennanstown is nice but quite pricey. Wouldnt recommend Carrickmines to be honest, rode there for years when I was younger and not a big fan of the place. Bohernabreena Riding School is great, her horses are lovely, not typical riding school plods and as far as I'm aware the lessons are competitively priced in comparison to a lot of places. Shows run up there as well that you can do as riding school/livery, and access to cross country as well at the moment.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bohernabreena-Riding-School/169149312401

Advertisement