Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smart TV+home cinema system

• 06-02-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Help needed, I bought a new samsung TV and home cinema system and am very happy with what I got, the Tv is a smart tv with full HD and 3D and so is the home cinema. the problem I ahve is trying to get my home cinema speakers working through my TV, ie when the tv in on the get sound from the home cinema speakers instead of the TV speakes. I have a UPC box and was told that I will need an optical cable to do this but I am unsure if this is correct. I was also told that if I want to get throught 3D picture quality that I will need to get an HDMI cable which I already have but the one that was been tried to be sold to me was 90euros when I got one for 20euros so am not sure what the story is with this. SO I quess the qusetions are:1 how do I get the sound from my home cinema speakers when i am only using the TV and: 2, do I reilly need to spend 90euros on a HDMI cable to get the best quality picture for my TV and home cinema. Any help with this will be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭greenoverred

If your Home Cinema System has ARC ( Audio return channel) it will play the TV through the speakers via HDMI. I think you will need a HDMI 1.4a cable. Definitely no need to spend €90. It shouldn't even cost 20. If you don't have ARC you will need an optical cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

ther is probably one dedicated hdmi connection with audio return on it check you samsung manual, no need to spend 90 euro on a hdmi cable ,im amazed how currys etc have jumped on that bandwagon ,a few years ago all they would stock would be cheap cables which were generally fine, but was having a look the other day they had cable claiming high speeds ,3d compatible, all other types of b*****t claims and prices to match :D

Advertisement