Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modern tape recorder????

• 06-02-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, looking for help.

I'm a medium, not physically but by trade!!! and I'm looking to buy some kind of recording device so that people can have their readings recorded. I remember seeing a medium myself years ago and she recorded the reading on a tape machine!!!

I was wondering if there was such a gadget available whereby you can record a conversation directly onto a memory key or flash drive? that way I could just get them to bring along a key and they can take their recording home with them.

Is anyone aware of anything? I don't really want to have to set up a PC in my reading room as it would spoil the energy so if anyone could suggest something I'd be most grateful. Any advice appreciated.

F x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You could take their email address and send them any digital recordings you make after the fact. It'd be cheaper than handing out SD cards (or whatever card the digital voice recorder uses), and the files would be small enough so it wouldn't take forever to upload/download. Your mobile might even be able to record, so no need for a dedicated recorder. I don't think you'll find any recorders that accept USB input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Frowzy wrote: »
    Hi folks, looking for help.

I'm a medium, not physically but by trade!!! and I'm looking to buy some kind of recording device so that people can have their readings recorded. I remember seeing a medium myself years ago and she recorded the reading on a tape machine!!!

I was wondering if there was such a gadget available whereby you can record a conversation directly onto a memory key or flash drive? that way I could just get them to bring along a key and they can take their recording home with them.

Is anyone aware of anything? I don't really want to have to set up a PC in my reading room as it would spoil the energy so if anyone could suggest something I'd be most grateful. Any advice appreciated.

F x
    what qualification do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

what qualification do you have?

Do I need a qualification to ask for advice? Perhaps I should ask if you are qualified to ask me such a question :-P

I did my Junior Cert and my leaving Certificate. I have a (unrelted to mediumship) degree from UCD. I also have several certificates for courses studied in the Arthur Findlay College.

Am I now allowed to ask for gadget advice Mr Moderator??????

Do I need a qualification to ask for advice? Perhaps I should ask if you are qualified to ask me such a question :-P

I did my Junior Cert and my leaving Certificate. I have a (unrelted to mediumship) degree from UCD. I also have several certificates for courses studied in the Arthur Findlay College.

Am I now allowed to ask for gadget advice Mr Moderator??????

just curious to know what qualification you need to have medium as a trade, thats all

just curious to know what qualification you need to have medium as a trade, thats all

Answer to that is none, same as lots of trades, nothing required but talent!

do you ask that of everyone, plumbers? electricians? I have all my certificates on my wall for people to see, how many tradespeople do you ask for their certificates?

Your question was completely off topic and insulting!

• Advertisement

You could take their email address and send them any digital recordings you make after the fact. It'd be cheaper than handing out SD cards (or whatever card the digital voice recorder uses), and the files would be small enough so it wouldn't take forever to upload/download. Your mobile might even be able to record, so no need for a dedicated recorder. I don't think you'll find any recorders that accept USB input.

This is brilliant advice. Of course I could e-mail - duh!!!

Thanks for this, much appreciated!

F x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

You could do what you want to do (i.e. record and email) on most smart phones. The iphone for example is unobtrusive and more than adequate to record conversations. Emailing from it is a doddle.

Just curious, how exactly does having a PC in the room "spoil the energy"/interfere with your readings?
    When you see the likes of Sally Morgan/John Edwards on TV they are obviously working in rooms where they are surrounded by lots of technology, including PCs.
    Don't answer this if you feel insulted, I'm genuinely curious though.

Answer to that is none, same as lots of trades, nothing required but talent!

do you ask that of everyone, plumbers? electricians? I have all my certificates on my wall for people to see, how many tradespeople do you ask for their certificates?

Your question was completely off topic and insulting!

I dont consider being a medium as a trade, that would be insulting to eletricians,plumbers,carpenters etc that spend years earning the equivalent of dole money while being tested and then earning a qualification at the end of the journey. I would only hire a qualified tradesman(for quality and safety reasons), so yes to that question.

your question has so many simple answers, did you know cables come in different lengths? you could easily have the computer in a different room. an electrician would have known that ;)

I dont consider being a medium as a trade, that would be insulting to eletricians,plumbers,carpenters etc that spend years earning the equivalent of dole money while being tested and then earning a qualification at the end of the journey. I would only hire a qualified tradesman(for quality and safety reasons), so yes to that question.

your question has so many simple answers, did you know cables come in different lengths? you could easily have the computer in a different room. an electrician would have known that ;)

Ask a plumber for his certificates. 6 out of 10 don't have any. And I have spent years and years developing my gift. I'm sick of having to explain myself to skeptics.

There's a separate forum for these questions, please go there......

RGDATA! wrote: »
    You could do what you want to do (i.e. record and email) on most smart phones. The iphone for example is unobtrusive and more than adequate to record conversations. Emailing from it is a doddle.

Just curious, how exactly does having a PC in the room "spoil the energy"/interfere with your readings?
    When you see the likes of Sally Morgan/John Edwards on TV they are obviously working in rooms where they are surrounded by lots of technology, including PCs.
    Don't answer this if you feel insulted, I'm genuinely curious though.

It wouldn't stop me working at all, but I want to create the best relaxing atmosphere that I can for my customers, I also do other things such as healing, meditation etc.... a computer whirring in the background might be distracting for the customers. I'm going to try recording with my iphone and see how it works out. Never thought of it TBH!

Thanks for the advice though!

F x

• Advertisement
Advertisement