Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pur 7 - Oh Man!

• 06-02-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

A quick note on my first experience with this product ......... the highs and lows!

I've a few vent holes that I put in recently into the bedrooms with 4" pipe to vent to external. Bought Pur 7 to seal arouns the pipe and quickly filled in the 4 vents to ensure that the nozzle didn't clog.

Got it on my hands and it was impossible to get off - then I went back to see the rooms and the filler in 2 of the holes had poured out, and continued to pour for ages ........ suffice to say that the walls were destroyed by the stuff as it slid slowly to the floor - I hadn't bought the Tec 7 cleaner product and white spirits didn't work. Now I've 2 walls to sand and repaint ......... talk about turning 30 minutes work into a day's labour!!!!

Summary - great product, but don't let it expand outside the required space, wear gloves, have cleaner ready, and don't leave it alone for a minute!!!!!

I won't even start on the reaction from herself when she arrived home ........ a lot of constructive feedback!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If you rub vasaline on the surface you dont want it to stick to you wont have any trouble,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

had the same experience myself, expensive lesson, but lesson learnt....

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

If you rub vasaline on the surface you dont want it to stick to you wont have any trouble,

Who'd have thought that I'd have needed to cover the wall with Vaseline?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

lanod2407 wrote: »
    Who'd have thought that I'd have needed to cover the wall with Vaseline?!

I dont get that... No one would have thought it. But when i am sealing using filler foam thats what i do and if it over expands then it comes away easy. What i also do is squart the foam into a plastic bag and the bag expands. This only works inside as the seal is not perfect but its good enough to stop drafts.

Advertisement