Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat having seizures

• 06-02-2012 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi All

We have a 5 yr old female Pixiebob who had very bad episode of seizures on Saturday night / Sunday morning :( the last time she had one (that we are aware of) was last July but on Saturday night she had three is quick successsion over a 20/30 minute period.

Has anyone any experience of this? I spoke to the Vet today and will need to get some tests run but looks like she might have Epilepsy or some cardiovascular problem (he suggested that we couldn't rule out a stroke)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

Mistymouse wrote: »
    Hi All

We have a 5 yr old female Pixiebob who had very bad episode of seizures on Saturday night / Sunday morning :( the last time she had one (that we are aware of) was last July but on Saturday night she had three is quick successsion over a 20/30 minute period.

Has anyone any experience of this? I spoke to the Vet today and will need to get some tests run but looks like she might have Epilepsy or some cardiovascular problem (he suggested that we couldn't rule out a stroke)

Thanks
    Hi I'm really sorry to hear your cats having that problem. I hope it all gets sorted out and that Pixibob has a long healthy and happy life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mistymouse

Hi I'm really sorry to hear your cats having that problem. I hope it all gets sorted out and that Pixibob has a long healthy and happy life.

Thanks Angry kitten! Hopefully if it's Epilepsy and the episodes are a few months apart she can be left unmedicated, but that's the big "if" it's epilepsy.....(fingers crossed it's nothing more sinister)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

Mistymouse wrote: »
    Thanks Angry kitten! Hopefully if it's Epilepsy and the episodes are a few months apart she can be left unmedicated, but that's the big "if" it's epilepsy.....(fingers crossed it's nothing more sinister)
    If its any consolation, as a human with epilepsy I can tell you that the seizures look worse than they feel. Scary for others to see. Hopefully the gap between the episodes mean it will be something minor. Cats are suprisingly adaptable and resilient. Fingers crossed for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mistymouse

That is very reassuring to hear Angry Kitten, thanks!!!

Advertisement