Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fixing pto shafts. (cork)

• 06-02-2012 5:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

have one perfect pto shaft except for the fact that one part is slightly bent from the arm of the tractor catching it. is there anyone in cork that can straighten them. also i need two new pto shaft covers for two. whos the cheapest to get them from who will also fix them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

have one perfect pto shaft except for the fact that one part is slightly bent from the arm of the tractor catching it. is there anyone in cork that can straighten them. also i need two new pto shaft covers for two. whos the cheapest to get them from who will also fix them?

atkins for the covers. not much help I know but id be very careful with straightening a bent pto shaft, depending what its driving it could cause a lot bigger problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

corkcomp wrote: »
    atkins for the covers. not much help I know but id be very careful with straightening a bent pto shaft, depending what its driving it could cause a lot bigger problem.

its actually the one off the slurry tank but we bought a new one for it but would still like to get that one fixed up. would atkins fit them for you without robbing you though. want it to be put on right so thats why i wont do it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

reliance bearings in the little island business park sell the bare-co pto cover 2 sizes fit all. 60ish for the small ones for fert spinners and sprayers and 80ish for the bigger one that will do your slurry tanker pto.

your local farm mechanic would be the one to talk to about straightening your pto shaft.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

+1 on the bare co pto covers, bought one for the slurry tank last week, and all I can say is the man who thought of them knew his aerse from his elbow:pac:

OP is there a blacksmith near you? It's a fairly simple job if the shafts can be got apart, just redden the outside shaft in the fire and drive the inner shaft down into it. Watch out for the heat going up the shaft, as it will act as a chimney, just stuff a wet rag in behind the hardi spicer to prevent it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

Definately go for the bare-co PTo cover. Will be able to fit it in 5 minutes yourself.
    If only one side of the PTO shaft is damaged I'd be more enclined to get a new profile for that side rather than trying to repair it

• Advertisement
Advertisement