Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap places to stay

Options
  • 06-02-2012 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Can anyone point out a cheap place to stay for a couple of nights.
    Starting a job on Galway but induction/training and that type of thing has to be done first spread out in a couple of blocks, but I need to stay up there, travelling from here won't make sense until I'm working full time and can afford to move.
    I have no experience of Galway.
    Any assistance appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

What about a hostel or b&b, there is a hostel beside the bus station Sleepzone I think it's called.
    Where are you going to be working?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Campsite at Salthill. Nice views. On bus route.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Garvey's B&B on Eyre Square, Sleepzone and Snoozles are the two main hostels and also give the Travelodge a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

You can usually get a flash deal on booking.com for 30 quid or less (hotel).
    You'd get b and b cheaper, and if you don't mind sharing a room, hostels are your best bet. Sleepzone might suit you better noise wise if you're working, but hostel noise can happen randomly. Depends what side of the city work is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭daithieoghan

Got sorted on the booking site you mentioned, handy enough and near Dublin.
    thank you Galway folk.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I suppose Galway is closer to Dublin than Kerry is, but I would'nt say it is near.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭daithieoghan

snubbleste wrote: »
    I suppose Galway is closer to Dublin than Kerry is, but I would'nt say it is near.
    Oops, dublin road, Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

got a tent? stay at the eyre square camp site!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

inisboffin wrote: »

That's a good site! I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm up in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

www.hostelworld.com - for real reviews, by people who've stayed in places recently.

When I got a job here, I ended up spending the first month or so living in Kinlay House, 'til I found a flat. I had thought it woudl be impossible (noise etc) - but actually found it wasn't so bad.

Found that the staff tried to put people who were working in the quieter rooms. And when I went to breakfast at 7:30, was amazed to find out that there were various other worker-types there too - eg people whose job only had them in Galway a couple of days each week.

And in hostels you have access to a kitchen in the evenings, so it's possible to eat a lot more cheaply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

newkie wrote: »
    inisboffin wrote: »

That's a good site! I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm up in Dublin

It is good. It also includes some hostel beds and private rooms, so you can sort by price, distance etc.

P.S.
    I don't work for them just found some deals there ;)

Advertisement