Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite Pasta dishes

Options
  • 06-02-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

Ok lately I've been flat out cooking pasta dishes, mostly using tomato sauces.I have my own kind of take of Penne all'Arrabbiata.I find it better sometimes when you put your own touch to the dish.So please list your dish and how you cook it as I will do here

Ingredients

25 g dried porcini mushrooms(any mushroom will do once finely chopped)
    25g onion
    90g of real butter
    150g pancetta or rindless smoked bacon
    chorizo sausage
    1-2 red chillies
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    8 ripe plum tomatoes
    fresh basil

serves 4

Melt the butter in a saucepan add the pancetta and chorizo until golden.Remove when golden

Add the chopped onion and mushrooms to the pan and cook the same way as the bacon

Add the meat back in on top of onions and mushrooms adding 1 chilli along with garlic

Add Tomatoes and let it cook for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally.What I like to do here is add some chilli powder as I like mine hot, aswel as salt and pepper.

Meanwhile cook the penne in a pan of salted boiling water.Turn heat down on sauce until penne is cooked.When ready add the penne to the sause and let it simmer and soak up all that beautiful sauce.Add some more butter f needed you'll know yourself.

Serve with some grated parmesan or pecorino cheese and some some basil leaves.

Look forward to hearing a few recipes from you guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭niall_belfast

We've two pasta dishes that we couldn't possibly choose between:

Theo Randall's recipe for orrechiette with duck and his penne with sausage, pancetta and swiss chard

Absolutely fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

We also have a couple that we cook the whole time. i don't have specific quantities for them though.

1. Red pepper and Leek pasta
    Cook some pasta to al dente
    In the mean time saute onion, garlic and leek. Add peppers slightly later
    When cooked add in a couple tbsp sour cream
    Add some black pepper, salt and tiny bit worchester sauce.
    Stir through pasta

2. Jamie Olivers cauliflower mac and cheese.
    This is from his 30min recipes, but can't find the recipe online. Its gorgeous. It was enough to make me order his book. He made it on his TV series, so am assuming as its already in the public domain its o.k. to post (I think the mods are starting to come down on this)

Quarter cauliflower and cook with penne pasta.
    Drain reserving some of the liquid.
    Put cauliflower and pasta into baking dish.
    With fork mash cauliflower roughly.
    Add some sourcream, salt, pepper, cheddar and parmeasan
    Crisp up some pancetta in the oven.
    Bitz it up with some rosemary, salt, pepper, olive oil and bread crumbs until it looks like breadcrumbs.
    Sprinkle on top of cauliflower mac.
    Put in over for about 10 mins at 180.

I never liked Jamie before this.. but am now tempted by some of his recipes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pasta All'Amatriciana (my version, without chilli but with mushrooms)

4 back rashers cut into bite-sized pieces, or the equivalent in streaky bacon or pancetta
    A medium onion, diced
    A handful of mushrooms, chopped
    A fat clove of garlic, crushed
    2 tins of chopped tomatoes
    A tablespoon of tomato puree
    2 teaspoons of sugar
    A heaped teaspoon each of basil and oregano
    A few grinds of black pepper
    Olive oil
    Fry the bacon in olive oil until it starts to crisp. Add the mushrooms and onion and fry gently for a few minutes. Add the garlic and stir well over the heat for a minute. Add the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer briskly while your pasta cooks. It's ready when it goes slightly darker and thicker.

Advertisement