Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandicam

Options
  • 06-02-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭

Was searching out alternatives to FRAPS (since I'm using a laptop with very little HDD space) and came across Bandicam (www.bandicam.com).

Seems to be very good; I tried a test record of me playing Melty Blood Actress Again (a new 2D fighter), 640x480, 60fps.
    A 3min file ended up at a 61mb .AVI

Only bad thing is that atm I can't figure out how to do sound properly.
    Either I'm misreading something in the FAQ (*link*), or my Realtek onboard just won't allow it.

I managed to jerry-rig a setup where I have an extension going from audio-out to mic-in, and I suppose it's feasible to use this with headphone splitters; HOWEVER if I turn the volume up too high, I get horrible noise (beginning of the video).*edit*
    On further viewing, that's the noise I'm talking of throughout the video.
    Very hard to adjust it so far.

Also don't mind the fps drop at the beginning, I made 3 recordings prior to this without incident.

Anyone else had luck with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Err... I think I've got it now...

I guess I shouldn't try to troubleshoot new software at 3am anymore! :pac:

*edit*

Thanks based SEGA for flagging my video.
    Like I needed another reason to dislike you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

lol fighting game companies blocking videos of their IPs?

Way to go to kill all interest in it, lads.

The sound in the second video was actually much better, once I'd got the setup right.
    However, SEGA decided that I was "infringing on their rights" so they took it down <_<

I'm going to mess around with settings a bit more, it's not recording right with GGPO.net atm (must be wrong resolution), but I might be getting a license for this program since it's so nice & simple.

Finally realised that Melty Blood has proper replay files (keyloggers) so I can up the quality without needing to care about the FPS drop.

Advertisement