Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on building muscle.

Options
  • 06-02-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all, new on this but thought this website might help abit. I'm 5'11'', 17 years old and weigh 140 pounds. I know you probably have a image of a skinny guy due to the ideal healthy weight is 160ish so i heard, i would consider myself 'built' as in my biceps chest and abs. I go to the gym 2 times a week for an hour and a half usually. I want to try gain 30 pounds without using any of those shakes like whey protein etc.. I am considering them but want to try gain as much without them for the time. I know it is going to be very hard but want to try it. Any suggestions on what i should eat and how many times a day would be great. Also should i mix up my routine everytime as in do biceps two times a week or should i do if everyday and my chest shoulders etc? I'm going to start going to the gym 4 times a week Monday,Tuesday,Thursday and Friday and maybe Saturday sometimes. Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CorkPT

As far a diet goes you have to be eating excess calories to gain weigth. Also you'll have to be getting enough protein 1-1.5 g per pound of bodyweigth is plenty.

As far as exercises go your not going to put on 30 pounds doing curls. Look at a programme like Starting strength or Strong lifts 5x5.

Advertisement