Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are ESB with late bills?

Options
  • 06-02-2012 6:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

I've always paid in cash by the date on the bill, but this month I probably won't be able to. Will it matter if I just pay it in a month or so? Even if I didn't pay it for the whole quarter, it would just add onto my next bill, right?

Is there any point ringing them to explain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I've always paid in cash by the date on the bill, but this month I probably won't be able to. Will it matter if I just pay it in a month or so? Even if I didn't pay it for the whole quarter, it would just add onto my next bill, right?

If you can pay part of the bill it will most likely be ok but paying nothing might lead them to think you have moved etc and they would start the debt recovery process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It normally takes a couple of missed bills before there's any trouble. At worst, there'll be a small late payment fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

My bill is around €100 and gets topped up with a new bill every two months as normal. I just pay off a little bit each week (15-25 quid) so therefore I always owe them and I haven't heard a peep from them once.

As long as you make some sort of payment (no matter how small), they should be kept happy :)

yes you should ring them
    we have done so before and they were agreeable to it and amended a bill (or letter, i don't remember which) with "agreement to pay on xx date"
    pay a little bit and keep them in the loop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭3DataModem

My bill is around €100 and gets topped up with a new bill every two months as normal. I just pay off a little bit each week (15-25 quid) so therefore I always owe them and I haven't heard a peep from them once.

As long as you make some sort of payment (no matter how small), they should be kept happy :)

This is very very good advice. A little bit regularly will keep ESB at bay as they know you are not doing a runner or completely busto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Tried to partially pay them online today with Mastercard Debit card that I loaded 50 euro on, but they don't support Mastercard anymore apparently, even though they did for the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Deffo give them a call in advance of the payment due date to agree an alternative. It will potentially save you a whole lot more hassle from them further down the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Just to be clear - I pay ESB bills in cash at An Post, can I just turn up with the bill and half the cash and tell them to pay that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just to be clear - I pay ESB bills in cash at An Post, can I just turn up with the bill and half the cash and tell them to pay that much?

Of course, they don't comment on how much you pay, I pay it in dribs and drabs all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭macl

Ring them to let them know.

Pay what you can

If posting any payment, just record when and how much you're sending. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Dont worry about it.
    I only ever pay every second bill. Ie bill arrives, dont pay, next bill arrives pay both. Ive done this for years.

Advertisement