Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Available balance lower than expected [PTSB]

• 06-02-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with PTSB. Went to atm yesterday and checked balance. told me balance was 502 euro, but available balance was only 2 euro. i dont use the account for any direct debits or standing orders, so cant figure why the available balance isnt the full amount. there are definitely no pending payments that havent gone out yet, so i'm really puzzled and worried. went to the local branch, but it is closed 'due to a technical issue'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

It could be a number of things. A lodgement may be in your account, but may not have cleared meaning the money is not available to you.

You may also have used you VISA Debit as authorization card at hotel or something. If so, the money can be held for a few days, meaning it is not available to you, even if you have since paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Check your open 24. It will show you what you spent your money on or why it is outstanding. Alternatively ring open 24 and they can advice you. Quicker than going into your branch.

Advertisement