Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madonna - Aviva Stadium 24th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I was in the front row of the gold circle so it was an amazing experience.

Seeing such a superstar standing just few feet in front of you is surreal.

I can imagine it being a much different experience when she's 100's of metres away from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

The MDNA Tour is well on it's way to bein' the highest grossing tour ever by a female and a solo artist.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/70530658.html

The MDNA Tour is well on it's way to bein' the highest grossing tour ever by a female.

Male or female, she already broke her own record and will again with this tour.

She already holds the record for the biggest selling tour by a solo artist male or female
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1620700/madonna-breaks-her-own-solo-tour-record.jhtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dublinwon wrote: »
    Call joe Duffy or even better try getting a life instead of writing on a Madonna concert forum writing poison about someone's age????

This isn't a "Madonna concert forum", it's a "Gigs and Events" forum.

Male or female, she already broke her own record and will again with this tour.

She already holds the record for the biggest selling tour by a solo artist male or female
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1620700/madonna-breaks-her-own-solo-tour-record.jhtml

Am well aware of all them facts thanks.

• Advertisement

Am well aware of all them facts thanks.

No problem wasn't just posting it for you though.

Was in the Golden Circle and thought she was freeking fantastic!!!Everyone round me seemed to love it too.

Do laugh at people who give opinions who weren't even there though.Seriously unless your there at the concert your opinion on the concert is worthless.

And the amount of people complaining about the lack of classics should of read the name of the tour before going to it.Was obviously gonna be based on the new album.

Was a wonderful concert and night.

And thank god I picked up a poncho outside as don't think I'd of had half as much fun if I got soaked to the skin like lots around me. :D

No problem wasn't just posting it for you though.

Ah cool. :D

Glad you enjoyed it as much as me. :)

Ah cool. :D

Glad you enjoyed it as much as me. :)

It was awesome much better than slane when I was about a mile away from her.

It was awesome much better than slane when I was about a mile away from her.

Heard Slane was bad but ignored the masses and thank god I did.

Being close definitely adds to it.

Unless closer than the halfway line then no point being at a stadium gig in my opinion.

Just too far away then.

Sat at opposite side of stadium once for a gig and would of been better off watching on the telly I was so far away.

The closer the better for definite.

Am shocked by some of the reviews cause I really thought she was just amazing.

• Advertisement

Heard Slane was bad but ignored the masses and thank god I did.

Being close definitely adds to it.

Unless closer than the halfway line then no point being at a stadium gig in my opinion.

Just too far away then.

Sat at opposite side of stadium once for a gig and would of been better off watching on the telly I was so far away.

The closer the better for definite.

Am shocked by some of the reviews cause I really thought she was just amazing.

Too right we pushed our way up to the second row of the gold circle.

Too right we pushed our way up to the second row of the gold circle.

I was about 9 or 10 rows back.Wish I tried to get closer now. :D

And wish I went earlier as she did her soundcheck infront only a small few.

Would of been class I'd say.

I was about 9 or 10 rows back.Wish I tried to get closer now. :D

And wish I went earlier as she did her soundcheck infront only a small few.

Would of been class I'd say.

Ya though its kinda rough up at the very front, a few fights broke.

Few girls we met got invited into the gold triangle.

Ya though its kinda rough up at the very front, a few fights broke.

Few girls we met got invited into the gold triangle.

Saw on fight right infront towards the centre but 2 security were on the scene even though it over before they got there.More handbags at dawn. :D

Ah that Gold Triangle looked mad.Missed the person going round with the laptop for the draw.If it happened of course. :)

Saw on fight right infront towards the centre but 2 security were on the scene even though it over before they got there.More handbags at dawn. :D

Ah that Gold Triangle looked mad.Missed the person going round with the laptop for the draw.If it happened of course. :)

Ya that's where I was. Lots of foreign madonna fans who don't appreciate people trying to push up to the front.

The girls we met were just let into gold triangle no draw at all, lucky.

They were kinda dressed as madonna though.

Ya that's where I was. Lots of foreign madonna fans who don't appreciate people trying to push up to the front.

The girls we met were just let into gold triangle no draw at all, lucky.

They were kinda dressed as madonna though.

Ah they looked like they were altogether from where I was or maybe they were just a friendly bunch(Besides the scuffle ha).

Ah Now I know what to do at Gaga to get into the Monster Pit. :D

Ah they looked like they were altogether from where I was or maybe they were just a friendly bunch(Besides the scuffle ha).

Ah Now I know what to do at Gaga to get into the Monster Pit. :D

Will see you there.

Will see you there.

Can't wait. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

And the amount of people complaining about the lack of classics should of read the name of the tour before going to it.Was obviously gonna be based on the new album.

Bands usually call their tour after their latest album. And yes in fact they do play a lot of classics as well as stuff from the new album, so it wasn't that much of a longshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Interesting comments here. Quite shocked seeing the photos of how few were there. We were in the golden circle near the walkway so it didn't seem as empty to us but seeing those pics I'd have hated to be in the stands!!
    What is it with Madonna and torrential rain? Got soaked in Slane and again last night even though I was wearing a supposedly 100% waterproof jacket which I only got last week.
    We arrived just as she was finishing soundcheck which sounded good. Thankfully the support wasn't was bad as we were expecting and we enjoyed Madonna as we knew exactly what to expect. Ok she does mime most songs and I found it amusing last night that during some she didn't even bother to mime :rolleyes: but she sang Like Prayer live and that was brilliant and my concert highlight. We went to Madonna to see the show. I have other people I go to see for the music and just the music :)
    Even though we were close to the stage we felt it was way too low and would have been better been at least 3 feet higher.
    Most of the fans were fine but there was one trouble maker near the end who though it was ok to go around poking people in the head. She didn't touch us but the people in front of us were fit to kill her! She came on stage at 9.20 and finished at 11.06. While I knew the setlist in advance I do agree with some of the comments here that she should do a few more classics. Make the concert another hour long and add in 10 hits and perfecto :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭tonyangelino

ill say one thing for her-shes fit
    I wish my wife looked like her!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭bren2001

The MDNA Tour is well on it's way to bein' the highest grossing tour ever by a female and a solo artist.

I don't think anybody denied that, it certainly has the potential (assuming she doesn't fall ill or injured). I just said that it was the most successful of all time. Madonna is very popular alright.

She is the most successful female artist of all time imo. She has the highest grossing tour for a female solo artist and the highest attended tour for a solo female artist but she is not the most successful artist of all time. Her current tour or her most successful (Sticky and Sweet) do/will not hold the record for the highest grossing (U2 360) or the highest attended (Rolling Stones 4.6 million). I do not know if it will beat the Sticky and Sweet Tour in terms of attendance (which in my opinion is the one that really matter) or financial success.

furiousox wrote: »

In fairness, that information is quite old and does not take into account many of her recent shows. It also takes into account November of last year. Madonna will be the most successful tour of 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Wexford2012

I was gutted i wasn't able to go the the Aviva to see her, but feeling a little better after reading these comments... used to be a huge fan of Madge in the old days, but she really does seem to have gone downhill, not liking the new album so much... and of course all the controversy with the guns and swastikas (http://bit.ly/SVY9Ia) - the press have been eating her alive the last while..!

That was good while it lasted. Got the link yesterday and kept refreshing and missed first few minutes due to IE9 being a b***h as usual but got the rest on Firefox. Interesting she mixed it up a bit from Tuesday. Waiting for the rebroadcast to watch the bit I missed. Pity this didn't include Like A Prayer. Hope the next time she comes here she plays The O2 where it will be full and we will be dry ;)

musicmania wrote: »
    That was good while it lasted. Got the link yesterday and kept refreshing and missed first few minutes due to IE9 being a b***h as usual but got the rest on Firefox. Interesting she mixed it up a bit from Tuesday. Waiting for the rebroadcast to watch the bit I missed. Pity this didn't include Like A Prayer. Hope the next time she comes here she plays The O2 where it will be full and we will be dry ;)

Don't know if she'll come back, Madonna visiting us twice is pretty good though.

Don't know if she'll come back, Madonna visiting us twice is pretty good though.

Well I'd be amazed if she ever appeared in an outdoor venue again. If she did a greatest hits tour and Ireland wasn't on the agenda I'd consider the UK or Europe, whichever was cheaper LOL but indoors. After Slane and Tuesday I am NEVER going to see Madge in an outdoor venue again!!

musicmania wrote: »
    Well I'd be amazed if she ever appeared in an outdoor venue again. If she did a greatest hits tour and Ireland wasn't on the agenda I'd consider the UK or Europe, whichever was cheaper LOL but indoors. After Slane and Tuesday I am NEVER going to see Madge in an outdoor venue again!!

Is there a pit area at the O2, I wouldn't go to see her unless I could get up close again.

It makes a massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i just tuned into the live Paris show a few mins ago

Madonna : "I see myself as a revolutionary" (Comparing herself to Napoloean)

HOW THE FCUK IS SHE A REVOLUTIONARY!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

listening to that live show now also, and I dunno if there was a blip in my internet connection or she just hit a series of bung notes, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt:D

Advertisement