Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madonna - Aviva Stadium 24th July

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

My girlfriend got us tickets for that Maradona gig in the avia july 24th. Love that argentine legend guy. Never thought i'd see him play football again tho. Cant wait.!
    That's what I should have told my significant other!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Anyone heard if the tickets are selling well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Anyone heard if the tickets are selling well?

20,000 only sold. stewards got an email today saying they dont need as many due to poor ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublinwon

wouldnt be paying too much attention to channelsurfers posts.have a look at his previous three on this thread.Hater methinks.have a reliable source in mcd that informed me a month ago that just over 27000 tickets were sold and that was at end of may so id say a lot has sold since and will over the next three weeks.a bit like rhcp who had sold only 20000 a week before gig but ended up with a capacity of 50000 albeit they must have been mostly comps as they were giving them out like sweets last month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

ah dont be so mean! i dont mind madonna and I was only trying to give a reply to the person that asked about tickets as i was told by email that 20,000 tickets (i do steward) have been sold. however if mcd say 27,000 then i bow to your knowledge and as i was told incorrect information.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I wasn't planning on going as I wanted to buy a gold circle ticket (106 euro). First I wanted to have a complete picture of the summer concerts-I've seen Madge before and she is amazing, but I wanted to give priority to artists that I haven't seen before (e.g. Lady Gaga). I would never thought that Gold Circle tickets would be available until now, but they are!! I bought one this morning, so here I come!!
    Haven't seen any videos of the tour so far (always try not to, same with Gaga), just checked the setlist and I find it very good!

L U V Madonna!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

hi! what time does the concert start???

Ticket says doors at 6.
    I reckon Madonna will be on stage at 9.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Ticket says doors at 6.
    I reckon Madonna will be on stage at 9.
    Early entries around 6. Alesso on at 8 presume the queen of pop around 930. She's always late. Be prepared. Can't wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭bren2001

Dublinwon wrote: »
    Early entries around 6. Alesso on at 8 presume the queen of pop around 930. She's always late. Be prepared. Can't wait now

9 30 is very late, leaves only 90 minutes to do a full set and all the encores. Its usually about 9.

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »

9 30 is very late, leaves only 90 minutes to do a full set and all the encores. Its usually about 9.

Madonna doesn't do encores the shows always wrap up after approx 2hrs solid though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭bren2001

Madonna doesn't do encores the shows always wrap up after approx 2hrs solid though

She'll be on at 9 so. 11 pm curfew in Dublin for all concerts. If she goes past 11 she gets fined for every minute, U2 did it a few years back and payed a hefty sum for finishing at 23:10 in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭brokenice

a friend of mine already saw the show...apparently she only sings 6 songs 'live'!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

Is there usually an interval between acts? What time?
    Would there be any problem arriving at that stage if you don't want to see support act?

zinfandel wrote: »
    Would there be any problem arriving at that stage if you don't want to see support act?
    There wouldn't be a problem if you aren't driving in - parking is a killer if you arrive after the concert starts.

I'm looking forward to it, though I wish it was later in the week!

kelle wrote: »
    zinfandel wrote: »
    There wouldn't be a problem if you aren't driving in - parking is a killer if you arrive after the concert starts.

I'm looking forward to it, though I wish it was later in the week!

Yeah tue is kinda a nothing day but hey we can make it good. As her gigs get closer the schedule seems to be 2000- alesso/dj set. They play til around 850pm and then the queen usually arrives onstage 930. I know people here have warned of curfews etc and that she will have to pay hefty fines if she goes after 11 but this is Madonna. Am sure she's not short of a few bob.

In saying that most the shows that have taken place so far in Europe where she's come onstage after 10 but they don't have same/ any rules regarding curfews/time limits. It's been different every night of this tour so far so don't quote me! Also be warned guys, the tour is called the Mdna tour so its heavily based on new album which suits me fine as I love it but don't expect a 1980s show! All I know is it will be spectacular no matter what. She may be 53 but she's still got it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Yeah tue is kinda a nothing day but hey we can make it good. As her gigs get closer the schedule seems to be 2000- alesso/dj set. They play til around 850pm and then the queen usually arrives onstage 930. I know people here have warned of curfews etc and that she will have to pay hefty fines if she goes after 11 but this is Madonna. Am sure she's not short of a few bob.

In saying that most the shows that have taken place so far in Europe where she's come onstage after 10 but they don't have same/ any rules regarding curfews/time limits. It's been different every night of this tour so far so don't quote me! Also be warned guys, the tour is called the Mdna tour so its heavily based on new album which suits me fine as I love it but don't expect a 1980s show! All I know is it will be spectacular no matter what. She may be 53 but she's still got it

How does the gold circle work, how close to the stage can you get.

How early do you have to get there to get up front?

Again from the shows so far people have been turning up and queuing from well before doors open but from reports/ rumours madonna isn't as popular in Ireland as she seems to be just about everywhere else as all her shows have well sold out in advance. But ya never know there maybe a good turnout(I hope) in lil ole dublin for her so I'd say maybe 6/630 to be up close . It's my first gold circle experience with madonna so don't know exactly how it works but well be close enough I'm sure to stage

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Unless you want to be on the barrier come anytime you want for the Golden Circle as it will be small enough. I plan to stand near the back of it like I did in Slane last year and have plenty of room and a great view :)

Again from the shows so far people have been turning up and queuing from well before doors open but from reports/ rumours madonna isn't as popular in Ireland as she seems to be just about everywhere else as all her shows have well sold out in advance. But ya never know there maybe a good turnout(I hope) in lil ole dublin for her so I'd say maybe 6/630 to be up close . It's my first gold circle experience with madonna so don't know exactly how it works but well be close enough I'm sure to stage

Me too seen her in slane alright.

Would be awsome to be right by the stage, don't know if my friend will start queueing at 6 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

bren2001 wrote: »
    She'll be on at 9 so. 11 pm curfew in Dublin for all concerts. If she goes past 11 she gets fined for every minute, U2 did it a few years back and payed a hefty sum for finishing at 23:10 in Croke Park.

Seen her at Slane. My memory from that concert was that she came on very very very very late (an hour maybe?) as it had been raining and the stage was a bit wet and she didnt want the dancers slipping, and she wanted it fully dry.

The fact that 50000 of us were standing in a wet field with plastic sheets over our heads didnt seem to be relevant to her thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PJMcC

Heading to see Madonna next Tuesday at the Aviva.
    I've heard that a Golden Circle ticket doesn't guarantee you access to the front of the stage - that there's a big cat walk in the way and that most of the show actually takes place on the main stage. To get close to that you have to win tickets to some sort of Golden triangle behind the walk way. Has anyone else heard of this and know how to gethold of a wristband. Seems a bit unfair that fans pay for a good view but have to rely on luck to get the view they were expecting.

PJMcC wrote: »
    I've heard that a Golden Circle ticket doesn't guarantee you access to the front of the stage - that there's a big cat walk in the way and that most of the show actually takes place on the main stage. To get close to that you have to win tickets to some sort of Golden triangle behind the walk way. Has anyone else heard of this and know how to gethold of a wristband. Seems a bit unfair that fans pay for a good view but have to rely on luck to get the view they were expecting.

Basically that triangle thing fits only about 50 people so gold circle will still have good views . Seemingly some pa/lady goes around upon entry with a laptop doing the triangle lottery thing but I heard Gold circle is better place to watch show.
    Different strokes and all that. Enjoy it anyway. Can't wait myself

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

PJMcC wrote: »

Yes, that's correct, there is a pit aka Golden Triangle:

amsterdam_madonnalicious_news.jpg

You can win entry to the pit during the pit lottery before the concert, one of Madonna's assistants has an iPad, people with Early Access/Golden Circle/general standing tickets will have a chance at touching the iPad and winning a wristband to get into the pit.
    With a Golden Circle ticket you will be outside the triangle, and people with Early Access are allowed to access the stadium before you, so front row at the triangle might not work out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PJMcC

Thanks. Makes sense now. Have been trying to source a picture of the set-up for a while so this is great. Much appreciated. I must say, I was imagining it like Kylie's recent concert which was like looking over a garden wall to watch the action on the main stage. Either way it'll be a great show. Enjoy !

Space Dog wrote: »
    Yes, that's correct, there is a pit aka Golden Triangle:

amsterdam_madonnalicious_news.jpg

You can win entry to the pit during the pit lottery before the concert, one of Madonna's assistants has an iPad, people with Early Access/Golden Circle/general standing tickets will have a chance at touching the iPad and winning a wristband to get into the pit.
    With a Golden Circle ticket you will be outside the triangle, and people with Early Access are allowed to access the stadium before you, so front row at the triangle might not work out either.

How do you get early access?

The moaners are out already "I'm going to
    Miss my bus, I'll miss the train" . FFs how long have you known you are going to the show, just plan a bit better. Shell be onstage like in murrayfield around 915.
    I'm waiting for the "oh she didn't play any songs from 1984".

This is called the MDNA TOUR.its to support her current album and if you don't have it or know it I'm guessing you won't like the show. She may be the greatest entertainer around but there's no into the groove etc this time. Wonder will she be staying in dub or jetting in and out. Pop in for a Guinness on way maybe??

I've just been glancing through YouTube videos of her concert in Abu Dhabi, and it is nothing short of spectacular! OK, most of the songs are from her new album - but it is Madonna, she has a unique voice and she just cannot make a bad single.

We're in for a great show on Tuesday.
    Wonder will she be staying in dub or jetting in and out. Pop in for a Guinness on way maybe??

I read in the Star or Herald (Can't remember, we buy both every day!) that she's staying in the Four Seasons Hotel. I did a course there last year and it is a fine hotel!

The moaners are out already "I'm going to
    Miss my bus, I'll miss the train" . FFs how long have you known you are going to the show, just plan a bit better. Shell be onstage like in murrayfield around 915.
    I'm waiting for the "oh she didn't play any songs from 1984".

This is called the MDNA TOUR.its to support her current album and if you don't have it or know it I'm guessing you won't like the show. She may be the greatest entertainer around but there's no into the groove etc this time. Wonder will she be staying in dub or jetting in and out. Pop in for a Guinness on way maybe??

True, but very nice that she's playing Papa Don't Preach and Open Your Heart!!!
    Fingers crossed for dry weather!!!

• Advertisement

I reckon people have already seen this, but here it is anyway.

http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/madonna_safetynotice_large.jpg

I love the "allowing at least an extra 3 hours travel time to and from the venue". . .
    It's not the edge of the world, for god's sake, it's Aviva. . .

Advertisement