Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom phonewatch and HKC

• 06-02-2012 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

Just got off the phone with phonewatch... I was told my securewave panel could not be monitored because i have both wired and wireless sensors???? Sales rep was a woman named catherine.... I didnt even get a chance to ask as to why it couldnt be done.:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

:eek: They are lying to you!!
    A brand new panel & they say it can't be monitored,? Their waffle is just getting worse & worse.

Shop around , if they don't want your business there are plenty of other companies who do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Rang back........ They thought i had the quantum panel ... If i go with them for monitoring and maintence theyre going to dissconnect my two bells.. Without maintence the blls are left as they are and i have to get the gsm at €248 for 3 yr contract or €348 at 1 year.but i will be allowed to change any batts. :confused: but monitoring is 16.25 a month.................. On Altors website it mentions that a patrol car will be sent to the premisis <<<< i think??? Whos the main company out there? Is there a company that provides this patrol car option??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Why would they want you to disconnect the bells?
    These are crazy demands & crazy prices.
    Shop around & check exactly whats covered under the mainrtenance agreement. A lot of please limit this to one or 2 calls & charge you after that. IMO a maintenance contract should cover all call outs related to the maintenance of the system. For this & monitoring pay no more than €300 per year.
    What Altor is taking about is keyholding. This is where a company will call out & check your premises in the event of an activation.Prices for this vary a lot & also depending on the number of calls. This should not be confused with Garda response.
    All the services you are looking for can be provided by most licenced companys. Shop around, get everything in writing, especially whats covered under maintenance & monitoring etc. Also ensure you are comparing like with like. There is also no valid reason not to have 2 working bells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

Rang back........ They thought i had the quantum panel ... If i go with them for monitoring and maintence theyre going to dissconnect my two bells.. Without maintence the blls are left as they are and i have to get the gsm at €248 for 3 yr contract or €348 at 1 year.but i will be allowed to change any batts. :confused: but monitoring is 16.25 a month.................. On Altors website it mentions that a patrol car will be sent to the premisis <<<< i think??? Whos the main company out there? Is there a company that provides this patrol car option??

They will disconnect your bells :confused:

I wonder is this so they can sell you there external bell for €260.00

If i go with there maintenence contract my bells will be disconnected from the system and a dummy bell will be put up. If i want a bell it will cost €80 and i have to use theres. This includes 2 call outs. If i go with the monitoring only contract i can keep my bells and will be able to service batteries myself.
    They wont monitor using my existing digi over upc and never informed me of the risks associated with gsm.

• Advertisement

If i go with there maintenence contract my bells will be disconnected from the system and a dummy bell will be put up. If i want a bell it will cost €80 and i have to use theres. This includes 2 call outs. If i go with the monitoring only contract i can keep my bells and will be able to service batteries myself.
    They wont monitor using my existing digi over upc and never informed me of the risks associated with gsm.

Little do they know. I would steer clear of them with the information they are providing you. UPC works for monitoring an alarm.

Can any of ye PM a price for a gsm and monitoring plus 2 hkc shock/reeds , possibly an extra keypad?

For a monitored alarm GSM is not an option I would consider.

Can i use my digi and the gsm as back up?

Yes you could if requested.

• Advertisement

Over upc?

Over upc?

Works the same as a phone line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭kub

I can also confirm monitoring will function on a UPC line. Also please bear in mind, GSM is not the be all and end all.

Just google 'GSM blocker'

I know my fair bit Kub ;) but when it comes to monitoring and regulations i have no idea... Thanks for replying tho! :pac:

Advertisement