Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Price Chocolates!

Options
  • 06-02-2012 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

With valentines day looming I have noticed that many of the supermarkets have half price offers on Roses, Celebrations and Milk-Tray, I'm just wondering if anyone knows the superq**** prices as they aren't mentioned in their advertisement flyer.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Where/what is superq**** ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Alfasud

Saw Milk Tray in Centra half price marked E5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

vicwatson wrote: »
    Where/what is superq**** ?:rolleyes:

I,ll have a B please Bob.....(blockbusters).:D

I think its Superquinn.....;)

Superquinn.....wink.gif

Neverrrrr :rolleyes: :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

vicwatson wrote: »
    Neverrrrr :rolleyes: :D:D

Maybe the OP thought that he/she couldnt mention the name of the supermarket here,for some reason???:confused:

• Advertisement

paddy147 wrote: »
    Maybe the OP thought that he/she couldnt mention the name of the supermarket here,for some reason???:confused:

I'd say you be 100000000% right there Paddy :)

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, I should really refrain !

Anyways, sorry OP but don't have the prices, I can post the weekly offers leaflet if ya like?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

anyone seen the Lindt Amour heart-shaped boxes anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

revz wrote: »
    anyone seen the Lindt Amour heart-shaped boxes anywhere?

Fairly sure they were listed in todays metroherald as something to buy for valentines, might say it in there....

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Hi,

With valentines day looming I have noticed that many of the supermarkets have half price offers on Roses, Celebrations and Milk-Tray, I'm just wondering if anyone knows the superq**** prices as they aren't mentioned in their advertisement flyer.

Many Thanks

I do love the way the generic term is used, 'roses', it is about as informative as saying they have half price offers on beef only to find they are offering you half price beef-burgers but using illustrations of beef fillet. One of the big supermarkets had their knuckles wrapped over this last year, they showed roses that were actually €39.99 in store, but had 'from €3.99' in the newspaper ads.

Its like every thing else, you need to compare 'like' with 'like'. All the wording, like 'luxury' etc mean nothing. The same with ads for meat, 6 large pork chops, what defines a 'large' pork chop? 100g? 200g? 300g?. It is about time this from of advertising was banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Mylow wrote: »
    I do love the way the generic term is used, 'roses'...

Seeing as this thread is about chocolate and Roses was capitalised, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the OP is talking about the chocolate selection manufactured by Cadbury's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement