Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best burger in Galway?

Options
  • 06-02-2012 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭

seen a thread in the dublin section, didnt see one here.. simple question,

who in your opinion serves the best burgers in galway, whatever your tatstebuds are into is fine.. be it supermacs,to boogaloo burgers, to the skef.

where sells your fav and describe the burger if need be..

:)

im gonna go for scotty's behind cuirt na coirbe, was gonna say the quad burger just for sheer volume lol..

but id go for a personal choice.. 1 burger,fried onions,melted cheese,lettuce,mayo..and spicy bbq sauce..topped with chopped bacon..

ommm nommmm nommm

ask and it shall be yours.

ps. i dont work there/and aint afilliated in any way

just like my burgers:p

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I make my own.
    yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

snubbleste wrote: »
    I make my own.
    yum.

lol, care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

After a few pints, the best burger in the world is from Charcoal Grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kebab House, Dominic St.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Boogaloo is gone.

Dont get beef burgers in takeaways as they tend to be just frozen ones, but you cant beat the Chicken Fillet Burger in Charcoal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Scotty's Steakhouse in Cúirt na Coiribe by a long-shot these days.

Are we allowed access to a time machine? If so, Scotty's Grill/Casual Gourmet on Middle St. back in the 90's. Same chef and family, but with added nostalgia!

More info here:
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~smokefreedining/scottys.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Capones in Knocknacarra. If you haven't tried one, you don't know what you're missing. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Capones in Knocknacarra. If you haven't tried one, you don't know what you're missing. Seriously.

+1 for Capones
    -1 for Scotty's

Capones is lovely. Scotty's has declined rapidly most especially the non burger stuff such as their fries, chicken and salad. Their burgers are fine but not exceptional. I'd prefer Eddie Rocket's .

Capones is top notch but you can't get a beer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Oddly enough Sheridans just up the street do an excellent cheeseburger also. Defo get a beer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Id go for Lasala. i usually eat in the mary street in.
    Lovely burger that is actual mince and not overcooked like eddie rockets tend to be.

• Advertisement

I think Homeplate make a mean Burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I think Homeplate make a mean Burger.
    Same as Lasalsa actually. They share a back kitchen and ingredients. I'm just rarely in town early enough for home plate

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭turbojunkie

Paddyfield wrote: »
    +1 for Capones
    -1 for Scotty's

Capones is lovely. Scotty's has declined rapidly most especially the non burger stuff such as their fries, chicken and salad. Their burgers are fine but not exceptional. I'd prefer Eddie Rocket's .

You can get bottled beers in Capones but dont think there's taps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Paddyfield wrote: »
    +1 for Capones
    -1 for Scotty's

Seriously? For years I moaned how knocknacarra didn't have a chipper and now we finally have one I've never been! I find that building off-putting. Is there parking somewhere behind or underneath? Are they open? You just never know. I've called by a few times after the pub but they were closed.

I don't know what it is, probably just too much food, but I always regret eating at Scotty's or Eddie Rocket's. The aftermath of having to digest those grease pattys just isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

+1 for capones, best burgers and chips for miles, and alot cheaper than Sheridans, which is nice but more expensive.

Newkie, the parking is behind the building, left turn after capones. They have a large neon "open" sign at the front, when it's not on, well, you get the idea ;) in fairness it's not a post-pub kind of place, more of a family restaurant. They're open all day and till 11 at weekends I think.

I love their soup and wrap lunch special for €5, really good value and always hearty homemade soup. It's a great addition to knocknacarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Home made ftw. I get something I'd never get in a restaurant, and it's cooked how I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

barone wrote: »
    lol, care to elaborate?

Don't encourage it.

Another vote for Capone's. Food there is surprisingly good. Ample parking round the back. They also do a fry-up on Sunday's that you can get delivered - some day...

id agree with capones myself .. delicious burgers.. capones and scottys for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I was suprised and disappointed with the fries in Scottys. Thought they'd be handcut but just seamed like standard frozen ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have to say the nicest Burger I've had in Galway was in the Townhouse about 2 months ago. I think it's 2 for 1 on a Tuesday too (if that's still on)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Monster burger from the kebab house. You know its a good burger when the staff always look shocked when you order it! I've hoffed that burger on the floor after many a nights out I'm proud to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Asmodean wrote: »
    Monster burger from the kebab house. You know its a good burger when the staff always look shocked when you order it! I've hoffed that burger on the floor after many a nights out I'm proud to say.
    I think their shock is more to do with the fact some people still get food there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

does anyone know if capones do deliveries to the other side of town or are they just locally based?

Asmodean wrote: »
    Aye, I got the Monster burger once but couldn't finish it. The burgers might be nicer there because I only eat there when drunk but goddammit they're nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Capones is the worst place i have ever eaten and I'm not at all picky when it comes to food, surprised at all the positive remarks, id never go their again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Oslo in salthill do a delicious steak burger.. mmm..

padi89 wrote: »
    Capones is the worst place i have ever eaten and I'm not at all picky when it comes to food, surprised at all the positive remarks, id never go their again.
    Can you elaborate on this? What was wrong exactly?

does anyone know if capones do deliveries to the other side of town or are they just locally based?

give them a ring

http://www.capones.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

biko wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on this? What was wrong exactly?

Ordered a collection for myself and my nephew as I only live a minutes drive away. Picked it up and by the time I was back home the food was barely warm, it had to be reheated. The chips were poor, stuck together in a big lump and very greasy, likewise the nuggets tasted bland more quantity than quality. Opened up the pizza and it was loaded with cheese way too much and hardly any of the toppings ordered whatsoever it was terrible value, tasteless and about as cheap as you can get, it was like a frozen pizza you would get in a supermarket.This was on a Sunday afternoon and there were only a handful of people in their at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

padi89 wrote: »
    Ordered a collection for myself and my nephew as I only live a minutes drive away. Picked it up and by the time I was back home the food was barely warm, it had to be reheated. The chips were poor, stuck together in a big lump and very greasy, likewise the nuggets tasted bland more quantity than quality. Opened up the pizza and it was loaded with cheese way too much and hardly any of the toppings ordered whatsoever it was terrible value, tasteless and about as cheap as you can get, it was like a frozen pizza you would get in a supermarket.This was on a Sunday afternoon and there were only a handful of people in their at the time.

Never had any of these problems whenever I ordered from them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement