Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Lags on Galaxy Ace

Options
  • 06-02-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I downloaded Netflix on my Samaung Galaxy Ace and I tried watching The Office. It buffers pretty fast and the picture quality is really good but the video plays at about half the speed and the audio is way behind (and gradually gets worse). Anyone know why this is? I'm gonna leave the video on pause for a while and try watch it and see if it improves. My broadband speed is about 7 mb, but I don't think that has anything to do with it as the video buffers fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

It's probable that the Galaxy Ace simply isn't powerful enough to run it properly. I'll have a Google & get back to u ;-)

Edit: Okay had a look round xda & Netflix is only casually mentioned once in the Galaxy ace forum. No big long threads describing problems similar to yours, so we'll assume it should work fine on your phone.

Are you using a custom rom? When was the last time you wiped your phone?

It's possible you don't have enough free ram & that could be causing the slow down. Here's a list of ram hungry programs http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1437683

Hopefully someone with a ace will be along shortly to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

Simi wrote: »
    It's probable that the Galaxy Ace simply isn't powerful enough to run it properly. I'll have a Google & get back to u ;-)

Edit: Okay had a look round xda & Netflix is only casually mentioned once in the Galaxy ace forum. No big long threads describing problems similar to yours, so we'll assume it should work fine on your phone.

Are you using a custom rom? When was the last time you wiped your phone?

It's possible you don't have enough free ram & that could be causing the slow down. Here's a list of ram hungry programs http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1437683

Hopefully someone with a ace will be along shortly to help you out.
    thanks but,
    whats a custom rom? how do i wipe my phone? how do i reduce the loss of ram? (dunno what ram is either :o)

Advertisement