Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XHTML Web Dev on Mac Lion

Options
  • 06-02-2012 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i am wondering i have just began basic Web Dev in Xhtml in College

And i got get my work to display in a mac its saved as a HTML File but i can't edit it its just the background of the web page being showing in textedit ?

So what is the best way to do basic Web Dev on Mac with a free App or something along the grounds of that ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Are you looking for free software?

If so textwrangler is free, its available on the app store. I havnt used it but have heard good things about it considering its free.

I alternate between Espresso or Dreamweaver. Espresso is a great option but it takes awhile to get used too. love the fact you can style the presentation. They have a 30 day trial.

Dreamweaver is quite cluttered but has some strong points especially the split screen. It aint cheap tho.

I'm still learning web design so maybe some of the more experienced people can point you in the right direction. I know people recommend coda but I have no experience with that.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Text Wrangler will do the job nicely.

TextEdit is an arse for saving plain txt files. It prefers saving as RichText.

Advertisement