Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bank account

• 06-02-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭

I am looking to open a new bank account, just a normal current account. Any recommendations on which bank is best and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

munster87 wrote: »
    I am looking to open a new bank account, just a normal current account. Any recommendations on which bank is best and why?

I was with boi for years. I used to overdraw on my account for ages. I remember one day I had overdrawn by about €20 and was charged nearly €50 in fees. Enough was enough.

I moved to ptsb. I've never overdrawn on my account. They gave me a visa debit card which is handy for making purchases online. Their online banking is much better than boi. I've been with them over a year and in total have paid less than €10 in fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭munster87

Thanks for the reply. I was between Ulster Bank and PTSB, I will probably go with the latter now. Don't like the transaction fees BOI take each time you use your card either, I know it's only 28c but it adds up over a year, especially when other banks don't charge this.

Advertisement