Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adrenaline Teen Disco

Options
  • 06-02-2012 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, my 14 year old son is asking to go to this disco on Friday. I was wondering does anyone have any experience of this, how it's run, is there trouble at it usually? We are living in tramore so any info would be appreciated as I don't know anyone else who has gone to it before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Hi, my 14 year old son is asking to go to this disco on Friday. I was wondering does anyone have any experience of this, how it's run, is there trouble at it usually? We are living in tramore so any info would be appreciated as I don't know anyone else who has gone to it before.

Well in the words of my 15 year old "it's much better than Escape"

She has been a couple of times and said that the bouncers don't allow any messing in there at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rubberducky79

Thanks for that, really in 2 minds if I will let him go. Have seen some real beauties going into this disco before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

For all their bravado I think some of the boys are intimidated by some of the girls.

Any of the discos my 16 year old has gone to in the last 18 months they've been very well supervised and the bouncers don't want trouble and will be on the watch out for ones that have been drinking. I know of one girl that went to a teen disco and she'd been drinking beforehand, the bouncers wouldn't let her in but they phoned her parents and kept her safe until her parents arrived and collected her.

The bouncers are normally fairly strict about teenagers leaving the disco and going back in. It's also worth turning up early when collecting just in case your teenager left and is returning just before it ends.

Thanks for the responses. Good to hear that they are trying to run it properly. Will probably let him go with conditions. Just have to talk hubby around now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Christ, makes a big change from 13/14 years ago when I went to kill whenever it wad on. You'd always be pissed and someone would always get in a scrap/pushing match with someone.

Great laugh though.

Good to hear these things properly looked after now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

ziedth wrote: »
    Christ, makes a big change from 13/14 years ago when I went to kill whenever it wad on. You'd always be pissed and someone would always get in a scrap/pushing match with someone.

Great laugh though.

Lol, Kill's still exactly like that! According to my little brother you'd see enough shifting and drunk people there that'd make it seem like Masons on a Thursday night... And don't get me started on going to "the chairs".. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Mate of mine bounced out there and caught a little fella in the jacks with a johnny on and a tub of Vasoline getting ready to put it some where "uncomfortable" in a one he swears was no more than 12.
    He said he'd prefer bouncing in the chicken ranch than doing another teenage disco,with all the mad ****e he's seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ your shítting me? Not allot shocks me but I have to say I'm speechless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

You would be amazed the stuff that goes on at the kiddie discos, some of it is really shocking, my daughter wont be going near one when shes older I can tell you that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Yep, after working for them myself I'd have serious doubts about letting any kids of mine go to one. It's not even that they're drinking - any decent club will have that nipped well in the bud - but the other goings on... :eek:

• Advertisement

Same situation, working at them would put you off ever letting your kids near them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

kryogen wrote: »
    You would be amazed the stuff that goes on at the kiddie discos, some of it is really shocking, my daughter wont be going near one when shes older I can tell you that!

Best of luck with that , By 6 or 7 they have mastered manipulation and the pleasssssse daddddd ,puppydog eyes etc etc so we (Dads ) have no hope by the time they reach their teens ..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Awful name for a disco all the same, "testosterone disco" would be better.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Best of luck with that , By 6 or 7 they have mastered manipulation and the pleasssssse daddddd ,puppydog eyes etc etc so we (Dads ) have no hope by the time they reach their teens ..:)

Haha 6 or 7? Im in trouble so, she seems to have it pretty much mastered at the age of 2 and a bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Haha 6 or 7? Im in trouble so, she seems to have it pretty much mastered at the age of 2 and a bit :D

WOW over 2 already ,time really does fly by ,

I know its gone unbelievably fast! One day they cant hold there own head up, the next they are shouting at you to turn back on Mickey Mouse!

Great laugh though.

Went to Kill type discos myself as a teenager and he is up to less than I was at his age guaranteed :eek: He is a good kid and tbh a scrap/pushing match while not pleasant can unfortunately be a part of growing up for most young fellas. It's knives etc that terrify me. A black eye will heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Christ lads, my eldest girl will be 14 in the summer, by the sounds of things I won't be letting her outside the door until she's 25!! Scary stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

From what I can see most of the "chatting up" between the sexes in on facebook and friends "arranging meet-ups". The urban dictionary can be useful but terrifying.

Keeping in contact with other parents is important.

The latest thing we've had in the last few months is mixed sex sleepovers for birthdays.:eek:

Great laugh though.

Jaysus I miss Kill..

The Kilmac Vs Carrick nights were the best, I remember one night a load of lads pulled the door off a minibus to get to their mortal enemies inside. Some craic!

Kids these days with their xboxes etc etc... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Going to the Kill disco was without a doubt some of the funnest times of my teenage years!

It was always interesting if a little crazy sometimes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Going to the Kill disco was without a doubt some of the funnest times of my teenage years!

It was always interesting if a little crazy sometimes :)

The Kill Disco, ah I remember it well. ;)

Advertisement