Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 3GS replacement from apple

• 06-02-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

I'm sending my iPhone 3GS 32GB to apple to be replaced as its a bit worn now and it wouldn't be financial viable to get them repaired as opposed to sending it to apple.

Anyway I was wondering if I send it back in the box and put a note in saying will you accidentally send me a replacement IPhone 4 back and I would attach £20 to the note.

Would you say that would work or would it be a pointless excercise?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

heffo500 wrote: »
    I'm sending my iPhone 3GS 32GB to apple to be replaced as its a bit worn now and it wouldn't be financial viable to get them repaired as opposed to sending it to apple.

Anyway I was wondering if I send it back in the box and put a note in saying will you accidentally send me a replacement IPhone 4 back and I would attach £20 to the note.

Is there anything actually wrong with it? If not they'll send it back as is. Stick in the 20, it'll brighten someone's day......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

haha they don't just replace them whenever you see fit, surely there's no warranty on it at this stage either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭heffo500

whiterebel wrote: »
    heffo500 wrote: »

Is there anything actually wrong with it? If not they'll send it back as is. Stick in the 20, it'll brighten someone's day......;)

Yes the battery is overheating the headphone socket doesn't work properly only sound in one earphone and the digitizer is damaged.

guil wrote: »
    haha they don't just replace them whenever you see fit, surely there's no warranty on it at this stage either

I know that but you can send it to be replaced with a refurbished one, it costs about €160.

I've sent my iPod touch before and they replaced it with a new as the battery life had deteriorated and that cost about €120 to send to apple

€211 for an iphone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

lol

€211 for an iphone

Just filled in the form online and the maximum it said I could be charged would be €166 inc vat are you prices havent been reduced?

Dunno I've never got a replacement out of warranty. Maybe the 211 is the cost for the latest model at the time. The only price I've seen mentioned is 211 so I presumed that was across the board

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dunno I've never got a replacement out of warranty. Maybe the 211 is the cost for the latest model at the time. The only price I've seen mentioned is 211 so I presumed that was across the board

I think that was the flat rate repair cost, but I know that came down a bit.

Recession busters lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement