Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

James__10 wrote: »
    I'm currently with Vodafone but i'm thinking about moving to this package with vodafone:

http://www.vodafone.ie/df/homebroadband/productdetails.jsp?productid=381054&producttypetab=HOMEPHONEBROANDBAND&categorytab=subcategory_1&perlicoid=115007

Anyone on here with these? Are they any good?

Bumping this, no need to create a new thread. I'm currently with Eircom but looking at Vodafone package €45 Value Broadband + Talk Anytime.

I have no idea what the service will be like. If I compare a similar package with Eircom I'm looking at an extra €20 a month :eek:

Eircom Up to 7Mb Broadband & talktime talker 50Gb cap - €64.17 first 6 months, after that it's €67.81.
    Vodafone up to 8Mb Broadband & Talk Anytime 40 Gb cap - €45.

Yeah with Eircom, you get extras Music Hub/Setanta Live online, but that's not a deal breaker.
    Would like to know folks experience with Vodafone broadband.

I currently have eircom Up to 1Mb Broadband & talktime chatter which is costing me on average €50 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭kaahooters

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Bumping this, no need to create a new thread. I'm currently with Eircom but looking at Vodafone package €45 Value Broadband + Talk Anytime.

I have no idea what the service will be like. If I compare a similar package with Eircom I'm looking at an extra €20 a month :eek:

Eircom Up to 7Mb Broadband & talktime talker 50Gb cap - €64.17 first 6 months, after that it's €67.81.
    Vodafone up to 8Mb Broadband & Talk Anytime 40 Gb cap - €45.

Yeah with Eircom, you get extras Music Hub/Setanta Live online, but that's not a deal breaker.
    Would like to know folks experience with Vodafone broadband.

I currently have eircom Up to 1Mb Broadband & talktime chatter which is costing me on average €50 a month.

ok with eircom on that package you have unlimited downloads, with vodafone, youll be charged for going over your cap.

i was a bt customer for 4 years and then vodafone for 1, with bt the line was perfect, always stable always full speed for my stats. with vodafone, connection kept doping, i was downgraded from a 5mb line to a 3mb line, pings were over 120 from bts 40 (averages.)

im with eircom now, and there far closer to what bt provided then vodafone ever would.

just my experience with them.

kaahooters wrote: »
    ok with eircom on that package you have unlimited downloads, with vodafone, youll be charged for going over your cap.

i was a bt customer for 4 years and then vodafone for 1, with bt the line was perfect, always stable always full speed for my stats. with vodafone, connection kept doping, i was downgraded from a 5mb line to a 3mb line, pings were over 120 from bts 40 (averages.)

im with eircom now, and there far closer to what bt provided then vodafone ever would.

just my experience with them.

See there lies my concerns, why should there be issues with the line if it's an Eircom line?
    I would even be tempted to go with Vodafone's €52 Ideal Broadband[8Mb] + Talk Anytime package - cap is 300Gb, which is roughly what I'm paying at the moment. Eircom have said my line can only support 6 or 7Mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭kaahooters

DeadSkin wrote: »
    See there lies my concerns, why should there be issues with the line if it's an Eircom line?
    I would even be tempted to go with Vodafone's €52 Ideal Broadband[8Mb] + Talk Anytime package - cap is 300Gb, which is roughly what I'm paying at the moment. Eircom have said my line can only support 6 or 7Mb.

if its an eircom line, and thats what eircom say, thats what youll get, possibley less tbh.

have you tryed upc? i know theres a lot of people saying "o i cant get the full 20 mb i was told i can get for 40€ a year im only getting 16"(exaggerated on the price i know), thats still a HELL of a lot faster then eircom.

kaahooters wrote: »
    if its an eircom line, and thats what eircom say, thats what youll get, possibley less tbh.

have you tryed upc? i know theres a lot of people saying "o i cant get the full 20 mb i was told i can get for 40€ a year im only getting 16"(exaggerated on the price i know), thats still a HELL of a lot faster then eircom.

Unfortunately UPC is not available in my area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

is your exchange enabled for NGB or as Vodafone call it enchanced broadband.

If not then Vodafone will only give you a max of 3Mb speed so be careful with VF

Advertisement