Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adavice

• 06-02-2012 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I would like some advice on the world of darts i have been playing now seriously since the world championships at christmas, after a bit of trial and error i have more or less gotten the hang of playing i think i practice 3+ hours everyday and hit 180s at least every 20-25 mins. my highest checkout has been a 144 plus two 126 and a 102 and my average game(501) is 24-26 darts my best is 15 out. i dont really know anything about the darts scene weather this is good enough to play in a league or am i just getting ahead of myself and get humiliated if i go to a comp? also i cant find much to play in the north dublin area, any advice would help as i am 100 %new to darts and dont know anyone else who has an intrest in it.
    Yhanks everyone in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

thats pretty good, i say next step is instead of playing yourself at home, pop down the local pub and challenge few guys...i seen lot of very good guy lads from dublin over the weekend, played very well under pressure v wexford in group stages.. ypu will find it different playing at home than in a pub.. but your making progess fast. best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dartsswords

thank you for the advice i will do that, hopefully i can hold my nerve but playing around other people will help me a lot

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You should enter this competition and see how you get on, it will give you a good indication of where you are at.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/303592433022579/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tonplus

Thats very good throwing for someone relatively new to Darts..You seem to be putting plenty of the time in Practising ..!!

One thing i will say is that Darts is a very social Game' and a lot of pubs have An "A" and a "B" team..Thats good advice about going down your local and playing a few games against other lads and maybe you will get a place in a team if you ask..Be prepared to take a back seat for a while' maybe as a sub player..But go to the games and get the experiance of league matches and hopefully you will get the chance to prove yourself..Take it as a social game and as you improve through time' and get experiance' you will get noticed.You wont throw the same darts as at home at first' but dont get frustrated..Most have been there..keep plugging away and As in most things Confidence plays a big part..best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dartsswords

thanks everyone , im going to go down the pub the weekend and have a go at least. i am going to aim to get on a team in the next few months and see where it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Don't rush into a good team too fast and don't be disappointed if you dont take practice board game to the real world board. I would find a pub with two teams and join the lower one, learn how to play the game in a competitive public environment first and then step up.
    Also I have seen new players get some really terrible advice from guys that have been around a lot longer than them. I don't know how you can avoid them but they usually win less than they lose, talk shiite all the time and have stories like, sure I beat so so 3-0 last year, forgetting that so and so beats them nine times out of ten everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

I would like some advice on the world of darts i have been playing now seriously since the world championships at christmas, after a bit of trial and error i have more or less gotten the hang of playing i think i practice 3+ hours everyday and hit 180s at least every 20-25 mins. my highest checkout has been a 144 plus two 126 and a 102 and my average game(501) is 24-26 darts my best is 15 out. i dont really know anything about the darts scene weather this is good enough to play in a league or am i just getting ahead of myself and get humiliated if i go to a comp? also i cant find much to play in the north dublin area, any advice would help as i am 100 %new to darts and dont know anyone else who has an intrest in it.
    Yhanks everyone in advance

You should pack in your job immediately and turn pro, you're obviously a natural

Advertisement