Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Transport from Leixlip-Celbridge

Options
  • 06-02-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I am moving to Leixlip within the next few weeks, starting a job in the Backweston Lab.

I was wondering is there a bus route from Leixlip which travels towards Celbridge (and anywhere near Backweston Laboratory) as I don't drive and need to sort out transportation to work.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

Unless there are private coaches or shuttles that go that way, the only bus I know that goes anywhere near Backweston from Leixlip is the 66B as it finishes its route at Barnhall beside HP. It's still a bit of a walk up from there though (15 mins at least) and depending on where you're going to be living in Leixlip, might end up not being worth the effort. I'd recommend a bike if you're able!!

The 67 goes past Backweston on its way to Celbridge, but that comes from town. Technically, you could get any of the 66's out of Leixlip down to the motorway on their way to Dublin, then cross the bridge and wait for the 67's to come. I wouldn't relish trying to time it to avoid waiting around for ages though :-( Couldn't hut to compare the timetables of them to see if it might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Unfortunately no. Technically it is walkable, it would not take more than 30-40 minutes from most of Leixlip. Ryevale, the village itself and all estates in Confey are not ideal, good bit longer then. Castletown, Elton Court, Leixlip Park and Forest Park are the closest. So estates on the Celbridge road- seriously consider walking.

Another option is to get the 66 out of Leixlip, cross the road and get the 67 back out to Celbridge. You wouldn't need to go far but with bus times etc. you would probably be better off walking. Have a look at it on google maps- just looking at it there and it looks worse on the map than it is. I don't know how to post links of it but if you search Celbridge Road Leixlip and follow it out to where the R148 meets the R403- that's the lab there.

The 66B goes almost up to the roundabout at Barnhall- so only really a 10 minute walk or less from there. This bus is really infrequent though- one an hour. You can get it from the village (2 stops) from Our Lady's nativity Church stop, and from a few stops on the Celbridge Road. You can cut through estates to the celbrudge road and get it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, I'd have to recommend cycling if that's an option, or even walking if you live out that side of Leixlip. Here's a map.

TBH I'd forget about Dublin bus, too ackward to time.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

There's a lab bus that goes from Louisa Bridge Station in Leixlip to the lab every morning and back again in the evenings so pm me if you want the timetable and contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Abrys

Thanks guys, I'm actually going to be living in Maynooth for the 6 months and I know the 67 bus runs by the lab.

Toulouse I've pm'd you also.

Thanks again,
    Patrick McNamara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

Abrys wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I'm actually going to be living in Maynooth for the 6 months and I know the 67 bus runs by the lab.

Good luck in the new job & house. It's about a 20 minute bus trip from Maynooth to Backweston, and about a 10 minute walk to the lab buildings.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement