Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Collections

• 06-02-2012 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Do you collect anything?
    Some people collect coins, stamps, comics,action figures, dvds, fridge magnets. I collect boardgames ,books ,dvds .
    Used to collect empty beer bottles (only collected beers I had drank)until I reached 400 + and the wife wanted the box room back. Also collected pub furniture at one stage,but ended up giving it back,or to charity.:o

Anyone collect anything strange? , chewing gum wrappers?,used condoms?,lamp shades?,diseases?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i used to collect bottle tops and call cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

The barman in my local has a collection of all the action men, Cindy dolls and dinky cars all still in their packages, its worth a bloody fortune.

If only I would have known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Sneakers... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

Mugs. It's a small but growing collection but each is from an event/place/whatever that has a great memory attached to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I used to tell my ma that I was collecting hard bits of toilet roll and storing them under my bed when I was a teenager!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Bones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

euro coins. i have practically every one issued including the rare ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Monets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Fat girl's skin for a lady-suit I'm making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I collect Zippos.

Also, I don't necessarily collect playing cards/gambling related things but if I see something that I like, with regards to playing cards, I'll buy it. I guess I have a small collection, but I don't "collect" them per-se.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've a small collection of old pharmacy/medicine and Irish brewers bottles. It's all in the attic and I haven't bought any in over two years though, so I don't think I could consider myself to be a collector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Used to collect empty beer bottles until I reached 400 + and the wife wanted the box room back.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Scalps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

STD"s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I get a programme from every theatre show I go to so I suppose that's a collection. My friends brother had a wall in his bedroom entirely covered in beer mats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

ICANN wrote: »
    I get a programme from every theatre show I go to so I suppose that's a collection. My friends brother had a wall in his bedroom entirely covered in beer mats.

There's a pub in Cork with that aswell, the Abbott Ale House. Must be 100's of different beer mats!! It's class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭cosanostra

I collect glasses in my local for less than the minimum wage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

cosanostra wrote: »
    I collect glasses in my local for less than the minimum wage

I collect glasses at my local ,as well.I do it for free.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

• Advertisement

STD"s

in a petri dish ?

Snowie wrote: »
    in a petri dish ?
    Jamjars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I really like the various designs on €2 coins, especially the really rare ones. I got one of those new Irish ones last week and wanted to keep it. I can't afford to collect them though so I reluctantly spent it :rolleyes::(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

iamstop wrote: »
    I collect records.

any particular types like electronic, rock or anything you can get your hands on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Jeans

Ex girlfriends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Your mothers orgasms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Knives
    Swords
    Assorted ranged weapons bows catapults etc
    Airsoft replica guns
    Replica guns
    classic Japanese bikes
    Classic german cars
    100+ year old money
    Badges from the eighties
    Habbitts

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    Ex girlfriends.
    Basement or attic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Clits

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

International football jerseys. Every time I visit a new country I try to pick up that nation's current national shirt.

I also have an addition of all the GAA intercounty jerseys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Forum bans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

Snowglobes.

Basement or attic?

Patio. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

I've collected many things over the course of my years.

Stamps
    Call cards
    Bottle caps
    Beer mats - Cloth & cardboard
    Stickers
    Kinder Surprise Tiny Terrapins
    Corgi Cars
    Metal base Toy Soldiers
    Star wars Figures - Old & new.
    Tie Pins
    Millennium Punt coins

I don't think I've any of them left any more well bar the Star wars though they're up in the Attic somewhere. Ijust decided to get rid of everything after a while of collecting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Used to collect empty bottles of buckfast in college with my flatmates - we had an impressive collection by the end of the year.

Jamjars

Nice hope there all labeled :cool:
    Basement or attic?

nah thats old school man i think you need to watch some dexter and get a bit more inventive...

In a world were live acts have forgotten about the theatrical ness ya no wee need something new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

DVDs would be a big one in our house, always picking up films when I have some disposable income to spare. Have a room full of wrestling DVDs and merch also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I collect empty beer bottles...once i have a load of them collected i bring them to the bottle bank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

euro coins. i have practically every one issued including the rare ones
    That's 97,760,000,000 coins :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

STD"s
    gotta catch em all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I have something of a collection of football jerseys, though haven't bought any new ones in a long time. I also hold on to tickets to football matches I've been to, I don't really know if this is a collection though.

I know a girl who collected special edition cigarette boxes. Her bedroom had one whole wall lined with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

National Geographic magazines and Soviet-era service medals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

More collectors here: Collectibles & Antiques Forum ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

I knew a lad who started a toenail clipping collection once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

Travel books from over 50 years ago. Then go to the places and try and use the books as a guide. Makes for interesting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I like collecting coins.

I'd really love to have the Quarters from all 50 US states

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_State_Quarters

I started collecting them when I went over in 2004 and continued it when I went again in 2008. I'm going over this year. I think I have 14 different ones at the moment. It's a long shot, but now they've all been issued, I'd love to have a collection of them all some day. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Unused hobbies. Can't stick with anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I have a large collection of shoes that don't fit and clothes I don't like, cheap fashion is a false economy.

Now as for premeditated collections I think I'd like to start one of trinkets as I don't have the means to collect antiques or bricabrac even though I have a good knowledge of it.

I was given someone elses stamp collection from the 50s, it doesnt feel the same as building something up yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement