Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mountain grazing rights.

• 06-02-2012 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi guys.

I have an extensive mountain grazing right but am becoming increasingly concerned about the amount of "new" stock appearing on the land. Does anyone know where I can get information as to who exactly has a right to graze any particular part of the mountain? Call me cynical, but now as sheep are becoming valuable some fast buck merchants seem to think they can flood common land with their stock and make a killing come sale time.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭patrickn

Do you have a mountain grazing right or a commonage share. A grazing right as described by the Dept. is right to graze land that has not been registered through the Land Commission and thus no folio documentation available. However a commonage share refers to land registered through land registry with each shareholder being able to produce a Land Registry folio as evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭foxylock

Thats a good question patrickn, I only took the place over recently so as far as I was concerned it was a grazing right but am not sure. Where would I go to get information on this? Since the uncle died there have been a few attempts by unscrupulous people to take advantage of the situation and flood the hill with sheep. So I would like to know where I stand legally before proceeding any further.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭patrickn

As I said earlier if this is a grazing right, no folio evidence in Land Registry will be available. A grazing right occurs in most cases where the lands in question were not dealt with by the Land Commission and were never passed onto each shareholder for registration at Land Registry as a commonage share.

A document such as Iris Oifiguil will have contained in the past the details of Grazing rights and the named people deemed to have a right to graze. This name may be going back a few generations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭foxylock

Thanks for that I will do a bit more digging around.

Advertisement