Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spar Roebuck Closed

Options
  • 06-02-2012 11:17pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sign on the door, went into liquidation and closed as of the 3rd of February.

Was one of the only semi-decent off-campus lunch outlets - those who don't bring in their own lunch only really have the campus options left.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

How did that place fail, it was pretty much always busy. There is a pharmacy next door no one ever uses and its still solvent. I guess spar near the clonskeah gate is the only option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 blueelephant

i knew they would, was in there last weekend, empty selves, i asked of they were closing was told just waiting for new stock ... its a shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

damn :\

Where's the nearest off license now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Clonskea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

errlloyd wrote: »
    FFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

How did that place fail, it was pretty much always busy. There is a pharmacy next door no one ever uses and its still solvent. I guess spar near the clonskeah gate is the only option.

I heard it was the price of rent was just too high. Only a rumour though, may not be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gradlife

I'm almost positive, if we put our minds to it, we can blame the S.U.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Joe's up in Goatstown has closed too.:( same way,I thought it was doing alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, found this out when i went to buy groceries last friday. Very annoying, as it's much closer to my house than Clonskeagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Bah!!! This will NOT do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doly

Joe's up in Goatstown has closed too.:( same way,I thought it was doing alright!
    Re-opened today. Going under new management, with plans to expand out the back apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

doly wrote: »
    Re-opened today. Going under new management, with plans to expand out the back apparently.

It's a Chinese takeaway now. It's as greasy as Yumi at Bird Avenue, so take your pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Funny how business works when it had to close because its losing so much money to being expanded only a few days later.

Hope it succeeds this time - really friendly staff and no other shop on campus like it so it would be a loss were it to go permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Where in the name of jaysus was/is a spar near Roebuck?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Where in the name of jaysus was/is a spar near Roebuck?

Roebuck Road / Foster Avenue crossroads.
    Was called "Roebuck Stores" and was under the franchise Spar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Roebuck Road / Foster Avenue crossroads.
    Was called "Roebuck Stores" and was under the franchise Spar.
    Not recently, actually. They stopped being a spar franchise a few months back, and just became roebuck stores.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Raphael wrote: »
    Not recently, actually. They stopped being a spar franchise a few months back, and just became roebuck stores.

Oh, I see - I never knew that!

I always noticed that for a lot of things, the shop at Foster Avenue / Roebuck Road was cheaper than Spar in Clonskeagh - which makes more sense if one was Spar and the other wasn't!

Oh, I see - I never knew that!

I always noticed that for a lot of things, the shop at Foster Avenue / Roebuck Road was cheaper than Spar in Clonskeagh - which makes more sense if one was Spar and the other wasn't!

they were never particularly good value tho anytime I was in there tho imo.

glasso wrote: »
    they were never particularly good value tho anytime I was in there tho imo.

No, it was expensive enough. They had a good enough lunch deal though, I think it was a chicken fillet roll, crisps and a 500ml bottle of Coca Cola or water for €3.99, which isn't a bad deal!

Advertisement