Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

missing persons

• 06-02-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭

Simple question but I'm fearing backlash: In the case of somebody over the age of 18 who has gone missing, do you agree with mass-online campaigns to "find them"?

I understand the intent, and how each case differs. However, there's something strange about logging on to facebook and reading about an adult's movements and personal business.

What if the person wants to clear their head or get away from their family?

I've heard of a few instances were the information given out about the person was wrong.

Are there better approaches to take?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Better to be sometimes wrong in information and find the person safe - than have the total right information and not find them at all (I feel).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Benefits of getting people onboard early in the case of a genuine missing persons far outweighs the negatives of people knowing the last known location of someone who just needs to clear their head.

The latter person should also know that vanishing without contacting anyone would lead to such exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

If they just want to get away for a while they should make one phone call and relay this message to the people who are worried sick about them.
    Not knowing where your son/daughter is must be horrible for any family.
    I do appreciate some people just need time to gather their thoughts before retuning home.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Considering recent events it would be best to revisit this discussion topic at a later date tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement