Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Henna-like tattoo

Options
  • 06-02-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

I love Henna tattoos - is it possible to get a permanent tattoo that looks like Henna.

I'd like to get an intricate pattern done - is the black-ish colouring on most tattoos a must.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I love Henna tattoos - is it possible to get a permanent tattoo that looks like Henna.

I'd like to get an intricate pattern done - is the black-ish colouring on most tattoos a must.

You could get a tattoo done in the deep reddish brown colour of henna. in a style you like without any problem tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

You could get a tattoo done in the deep reddish brown colour of henna. in a style you like without any problem tbh!

The tattoo wouldn't have to have that black-ish colour then. I really don't like that colour.

And second question - would the reddish/brown colour fade in time & what colour would it fade to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    The tattoo wouldn't have to have that black-ish colour then. I really don't like that colour.

And second question - would the reddish/brown colour fade in time & what colour would it fade to?

Nope, any decent artist will get the colors sorted so that you'll get the shade you want

The amount a tattoo fades really depends on how well you look after it, the sun is a tattoo's biggest enemy so obviously not exposing it to the sun at all is the best way to minimize fading but that's not always practical.

Advertisement