Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrymount trees.

Options
  • 07-02-2012 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

I seen last week that the council were putting up trees on the green at the front of Laurel Pk in Cherrymount.
    Passed today at lunch time and noticed that about 4 or 5 of the trees had already been snapped in half or uprooted.
    What joy do these little runts get from doing this mindless destruction.
    A good slap of a Hurley they want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

cococoady wrote: »
    I seen last week that the council were putting up trees on the green at the front of Laurel Pk in Cherrymount.
    Passed today at lunch time and noticed that about 4 or 5 of the trees had already been snapped in half or uprooted.
    A good slap of a Hurley they want.

Noticed that Sunday morning. Little ****ers ! Very annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Cherrymount is the way some people walk from Kilcohan to Ballybeg so that tends to cause some dopes walking through also the walkway used to be a cause for trouble not sure if it still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

deisedave wrote: »
    Cherrymount is the way some people walk from Kilcohan to Ballybeg so that tends to cause some dopes walking through also the walkway used to be a cause for trouble not sure if it still is.

The trees weren't planted down that side.
    It was the green up nearest Avondale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

4 or 5 of the trees had already been snapped in half or uprooted.

don't knock it till you try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When I walked up to the shops yesterday and saw the last three by the turn for StoreAll were snapped in two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Council must know at this point there is no point in planting trees anywhere without the mesh protection around them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Well in fairness they also planted trees on the green down beside the river and they're still standing (unless something happened overnight).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

They're still standing. Just back from walking the mutt and the trees are all in one piece

don't knock it till you try it.

Seriously??:eek:

kensutz wrote: »
    They're still standing. Just back from walking the mutt and the trees are all in one piece

You on about down by the river or up by the road sutz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Down by the river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

kensutz wrote: »
    Down by the river.

Didn't Bruce Sprinsteen have a song about that Ken? :D

Mindless vandalism, we had nothing to do and no money as kids / teenagers but we had respect for what was not ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Sure its the same with them smashing up the traffic lights down that way!! they have nothing better to do than vandalise!! bloody wasters:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

if i catch the little towrags knocking them trees il kick the holes off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

if i catch the little towrags knocking them trees il kick the holes off them.

My new Boards hero and he's only on it a wet day. Sorry Seany :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Seriously??:eek:

no

wind your neck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Could they not use their heads and plant trees that are a little bigger and sturdier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wondered about that for as long as little scrots have been vandalising young trees, I think its all to do with the difficulty of transplanting semi mature trees as compared to saplings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Did anyone see the two trees in the boxes outside Revolution? Both of them snapped in two at the bottom. :mad: Fairly safe to assume who's responsible too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

batm!ke wrote: »
    My new Boards hero and he's only on it a wet day. Sorry Seany :D

I used to be a hero?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Adyx wrote: »
    Did anyone see the two trees in the boxes outside Revolution? Both of them snapped in two at the bottom. :mad: Fairly safe to assume who's responsible too...
    Students
    Knackers
    Mini tornado?? :pac:

Advertisement