Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holocaust Survivor in UCD - Lawsoc?

Options
  • 07-02-2012 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭

I saw a poster up in the college today about a Holocaust survivor speaking in the near future. I looked at the day, but not the date or time! Does anyone know if it is this Wednesday, and what time? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jigglypuff

Wednesday, 7pm, ThP Newman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Meow_Meow

Ahhh I'm so annoyed that it's right in the middle of my double lecture. I met the guy before, and not only is he a lovely fellow but very interesting- well worth heading to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Who is it? Sounds interesting! Would non-students get in?

Mushy wrote: »
    Who is it? Sounds interesting! Would non-students get in?

I'd say you would- people seem to just wander into these things and I've never seen them check for student cards and whatnot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Where's the ThP? i'd be interested in going to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Saw him talk before. Fascinating stuff.
    Great speaker too, great man in general.

ronano wrote: »
    Where's the ThP? i'd be interested in going to it

If you walk in the doors closest to the side of the building beside the main restaurant, it's to your left- can't miss it, it says 'Th. P' in white letters above its entrances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Who's the speaker? Sounds like a great talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

dlofnep wrote: »
    Who's the speaker? Sounds like a great talk.

His name's Tomi Reichental.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

His name's Tomi Reichental.

Was wondering would it be him. My cousins family know him, some crazy stories.

Pity I missed it.

• Advertisement

At a holocaust memorial event last year, he gave a really excellent speech. The part which stood out the most for me was when he was talking about how the loss of his family to the holocaust becomes most apparent during holidays and celebrations, when he doesn't have any extended family because they were all murdered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Did a bit of googling, read this story from him: http://www.hetireland.org/index.php?page=survivor_reichental

Really shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Actually devastated I'm only seeing this now..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 FeckinUsername

It was a fantastic event, I was lucky enough to be there. Tomi is a great man, spoke well, and was very courteous to all those who approached him before and afterwards. His story is truly amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Eamonn Dunphy interviewed him back in 2009: feed://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_eamondunphy.xml

Listening to it now. Unfortunately you do have to put up with Dunphy but its been very interesting so far.

Advertisement