Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Living next door to a toilet

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

FatherLen wrote: »
    everytime you hear them taking a dump late at night play a song, preferably one you wouldn't hear often so it would be memorable. only play when they are taking late night dumps but play the same song everytime. they will eventually spot the pattern and realise you know what they're up to and it might deter them to be so loud.
    Or every other time they hear that song they sh1t their pants in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Drill 2 holes in the walls and get 2 glass eyes and tape them to said holes!

No ones gonna take a dump at 1am with 2 eyes staring at them!

If this fails add glow in the dark contacts to the eyes and rewire the bathroom light to your room and then switch it off half way thru their dump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Stick something like this on the door and write underneath,

"except between the hours of 7:00 - 23:00"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

later10 wrote: »
    That reminds me of the story (possibly urban legend) of a girl who went back to her date's place with him at the end of the night. All goes great, they have an evening of wild, passionate lovemaking. Next morning he wakes her up before he leaves for work, and tells her to let herself out whenever she wants. Just pull the door out behind her. Off he goes.

So the girl gets out of bed and wanders about the house for a bit. Then she feels the need to take a huge dump, which she promptly does.

But there's a problem. Because the poo was soo heavy, it just won't flush. What can she do? No amount of flushing will shift it! She can't just leave it there. He'll never want to see her again.

So -- ever so carefully -- she gets a plastic bag, and gently manipulates the poo into the sack. She then takes it back to the bedroom and puts it on the bed while she brushes her hair and gets dressed for college. She gathers up all her things, walks out of the apartment, pulls the door behind her, quite satisfied with herself. And then the horrible realisation dawns on her.

She has fogotten her sack of shit -- she has just left a steaming, massive poo on the guy's bed. :eek:

Presumably the guy thought she was a total fruitcake for doing such a thing, and neither one ever tried to contact the other again.

That was an ad on American tv for a brand door locks if I remember correctly.

EDIT:Found it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Ah, kinda thought it was an urban myth alright.

Seriously long ad... but I'd love to see that on Irish tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I believe in Switzerland it is illegal to flush your toilet after 10pm.

Also men can't urinate standing up after 10pm.

It is all to do with noise and respect for neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I live next door to a toilet and it's absolutely disgusting. I'm about to go to bed now soon, so there will be total silence while I'm getting to sleep. Then just as I'm drifting off someone next door will slam the door and start having a late night crap. I can hear all the grunting and horrible sounds it's absolute horrendous. They might be in there for over 20mins too.
    How do you even bring something like this up with someone? "Oh by the way could you stop taking noisy long ****es at 1AM in the morning please"...:rolleyes:

I've considered getting ear plugs but a lot of pressure builds up or something in my ears then and I get a throbbing pain.
    I just can't seem to win.
    Anyone else ever have this issue.
    At least it's not as bad as when I lived in an apartment briefly where many mornings I was woken by the people next door banging off the headboard. I'll try record it maybe later and upload the sound file so you can hear how loud it is.

sounds you live in a timber framed house... haha

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Well OP, just be thankful that you don't live in Portugal.

There are no flush toilets in Portugal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

You've returned?

I always come back for more, Teddy. *FLUSH*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Toilet, toilet. Who the fuck is toilet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

I'll try record it maybe later and upload the sound file so you can hear how loud it is.

Eh I think your all right on that one teddy, :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I am impressed OP. you have an en suite bedroom.

Advertisement