Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallest Alarm Sensors & Wireless bell / stribes

• 07-02-2012 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Folks,
    I am installing a intruder alarm system, probably the siemens 5320. My house is wired but some of the door frames are very thin due to very deep insulation around the windows and doors. Would any of you know what are the thinnest (smallest) profile contact/inertia sensors available in Ireland, that would be compatible with the siemens alarms?
    Also is there a wireless external strobe and bell for the Siemens alarms? thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I don't think Siemens do a wireless SABB.
    GE do a Global one. but it horrible looking.
    How slim is the gap on the doors?
    Astec did have a slimline Inertia contact .
    You could be lucky if you shop around. I still have a few of them.
    Your other option is to use wireless & mount the device on the dooe & the magnet on the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dafeens

Thanks for coming back Koolkid.
    I'l do dome measuring tonight, but a couple of the doors only have 5 mm of frame exposed. Had also considered putting the sensor on the door as you suggested.
    If the Siemens don't do a remote SAAB would the Signet 100 be a better option?
    Am looking for a system that is hydrid with remote access (either web server or phone/gsm). I was planning on putting SAAB remote to house so GE might be OK, would you have a link to view it?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The GE wireless SAB is shown on this page http://www.elvey.co.za/intrusion-wireless-products-wireless-products--2way
    Both SigNET and Siemens are hybrid systems so there would be no benefit to using a SigNET 100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

dafeens wrote: »
    Folks,
    I am installing a intruder alarm system, probably the siemens 5320. My house is wired but some of the door frames are very thin due to very deep insulation around the windows and doors. Would any of you know what are the thinnest (smallest) profile contact/inertia sensors available in Ireland, that would be compatible with the siemens alarms?
    Also is there a wireless external strobe and bell for the Siemens alarms? thanks

An option is to cut into the plaster board or insulation to fit the sensor on the frame.
    REW in Ballymount or Finglas have plenty of the slimline sensors in stock.

A wired bell would be the best option. The GE bell is very expensive plus as koolkid has said they look terrible. It would be an option though if you wanted the wire free bell with this system.

Advertisement