Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooking for 3 different tastes

Options
  • 07-02-2012 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

So I have taken the challenge to cook for a vegetarian, another who doesn't like tomatoes garlic and onions and a guy who follows a paleolithic diet. And another guy who isn't too fussy with food but seems to enjoy the occasional smoothie.

What Im asking here is does anybody have any vegetarian, gluten-free recipe without tomatoes, onions and garlic for these guys?? :pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

whelpy wrote: »
    So I have taken the challenge to cook for a vegetarian, another who doesn't like tomatoes garlic and onions and a guy who follows a paleolithic diet. And another guy who isn't too fussy with food but seems to enjoy the occasional smoothie.

What Im asking here is does anybody have any vegetarian, gluten-free recipe without tomatoes, onions and garlic for these guys?? :pac::pac:

What's a paleolithic diet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

Shenshen wrote: »
    What's a paleolithic diet?

It's a meat-based diet that generally excludes starchy food and grains, that was why I need the dish to be gluten free. Pretty much what cavemen would have eaten during the paleolithic era before the introduction of agriculture.

The diet is high in saturated fats and protein and low in carbohydrates mostly made up of grass-fed meats (without eating those calf nuts) fish, veg that can be eaten raw (no potatoes or other tubers allowed), fruit and no grains, legumes, dairy products, salt sugar and processed oils.

That's the general idea though like with most diets everyone would tweak it around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Can't think of many diets more conflicting than paleo and vegetarianism really! Here are some ideas though:

miso soup with tofu and vegetables in it.

rocket/baby spinach salad with black olives and cheese

quinoa with fried mushrooms and soy sauce

omelette? Quiche?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Can't think of many diets more conflicting than paleo and vegetarianism really! Here are some ideas though:

miso soup with tofu and vegetables in it.

rocket/baby spinach salad with black olives and cheese

quinoa with fried mushrooms and soy sauce

omelette? Quiche?

Omlette might be your best bet...

Although you could probably do a nut roast of sorts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

Thanks for all the suggestions. Im going to make captonata with stuffed eggplant. I was really dreading it but I'm looking forward to it now!
    I'll try out the other recipes too at some stage. Nut roast? Sounds tasty

• Advertisement
Advertisement