Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IS this allowed?

Options
  • 07-02-2012 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Am I allowed to close my account and open a new one to change my username?
    When you subscribe can you change your name?
    What if you change it and then decide you want to revert back, is that allowed too or is it just too time consuming?
    Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What if you change it and then decide you want to revert back, is that allowed too or is it just too time consuming?
    Thanks.

Yes, yes, yes and yes?

As long as the re reg isn't to get around a ban. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've seen people change their name via subscription, and then get it changed back later. I'm sure if you make a habit of it the admins will tell you where to go though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Also, you have to hope that nobody registers a new account with your old name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Oh feck they can do that! :(

Only in rare circumstance AFAIK, it's not easy to do.
    It happens if a user stopped posting years ago and would have less than a handful of posts. It has to get ok'd by the admin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

If you wish.
    Quite a few people close their account and then come back later and open a new one.

Yes, it's part of the subscription package. You can change it as often as you like.

I actually have a sticky in the subscribers forum stating that a user should think about whither they should change their name or not.
    So many of them change their name and then come back later so they can revert back to their original because nobody knows them any more.

Advertisement