Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast of chicken.oven or grill

Options
  • 07-02-2012 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all. Bit of help required as novice at this..I am cooking peri peri chicken tomorrow. I bought the breasts of chicken and sum drumsticks. I marinated them and have them in the fridge ready to go for tomorrow evening. In your opinion should I cook them in the oven or the grill. If I cook in oven, do I put them in baking dish and cover with tinfoil or leave out the tinfoil. What times and degrees should I cook at... If I go with the top grill in the oven again what times should I be looking at.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ferreter

Butterfly the fillets, put your peri peri business and put them below the grill, ten mins they'll be done - Far quicker, as for the drumsticks, thats an oven job and a longer drawn out affair...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Another vote for butterflying the fillets. Oven for the drumsticks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

When you say butterfly what does that mean exactly....

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

cut them in half essentially

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

bogman wrote: »
    When you say butterfly what does that mean exactly....

thanks

Cut them most of the way through and open them out.
    It normally refers to cuttign a whole chicken so it sits falt, but its the same idea with breasts.

108021015.jpg

308021015.jpg

408021015.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement