Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coppers

• 07-02-2012 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I was reading a thread on here about the place. I've never been myself, so I have a question.

Is it really as bad as people make it out to be? To be more specific, a poster called the women there muntgoblins (which was funny tbf) but is it like that all the time? Surely all the people there aren't terrible looking....

...right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Its actually a rather upmarket place full of models mostly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

It's a bad bad place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I have absolutely nothing of value to contribute to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

It's kinda like a breeding ground for scumbags and whores.

I've never been not even once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Picture a place full of drunk sweaty nurses, guards, teachers and general boggers in heat, 50% of whom are virgins the other 50% of whom are sexual predators.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Ever been to a nightclub before?

it's exactly like one of those!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

It's a great spot!!!
    One of those places where everyone claims they wouldn't be seen dead in but it's constantly packed. (Reardens in Cork is in the same boat..)
    Be warned though - it's for drinking, dancing, falling down on a sodden floor and generally letting loose.

Should you wish to show your super cool and trendy persona whilst being interrogated by like minded people then you may be better off in Krystle.

For all its bad points, and perception as being 'as rough as a bears arse' there's actually very little trouble in Coppers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Ive heard stories man but never been in there, tried to get in a couple of months ago, didn't get in but i witnessed a lil midget jockey who was hammered getting forcefully removed from the premises. good times haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Never had a bad night there. The hating is all nonsense and a failed attempt to be cool.

Yeah I mean I've heard it's overrated but the criticism on boards i dont know where it comes from. i mean some of the hottest girls i know study nursing but the way boards makes it seem that the girls in there are big country muck savages that look like the nun in father ted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Ive heard stories man but never been in there, tried to get in a couple of months ago, didn't get in but i witnessed a lil midget jockey who was hammered getting forcefully removed from the premises. good times haha
    How did you know he was a jockey?:confused:

he kept repeating it 'im a jockey and ive nowhere else to go' bahahahahahahahahahahha, lil munchin man, wonder if he pulls :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Ive never been myself. Howl at the moon was more my bag :pac:

Crap pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Its a sweaty night club. usually packed to the rafters.

I used to work shifts so went there a bit. And no, I am not a slutty nurse!!!
    I have always found it to be very "meat markety", where lads feel like they can grope or try kiss you without you consenting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

ElleEm wrote: »

I have always found it to be very "meat markety", where lads feel like they can grope or try kiss you without you consenting!

Well they should just cop themselves on.

Thanks I'm here all week, the cannoli is just superb. Any problems talk to Steve, the maitre'd. Enjoy your meal folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Been there once, have a scar on my hand from the experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And there's your problem. Loosen up a little and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Fago! wrote: »
    It's kinda like a breeding ground for scumbags and whores.

I've never been not even once.

Which makes your critique of the place useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Xavi6 wrote: »

And there's your problem. Loosen up a little and you'll be fine.

And become a nurse???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Never had a bad night there. The hating is all nonsense and a failed attempt to be cool.
    I'm not sure that's true. We used to go there a lot and enjoyed it. The main reason for going was we got taxis into town:pac: too late, and it has the late opening hours.
    I do my best to avoid the place at all times now, they let far too many people in to the point everyone is smashing into you, spilling drink on you. You need to be fairly drunk to begin with going in there.
    Also the prices are way too high. Order a treble voka redbull and its about 20euro :eek:
    Lots of people genuinely hate the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I like the place, plenty of bar space, atms, good smoking area and it's never dead. Plus you always run into someone you know in there. If it's not to your liking there's plenty more spots around it on Harcourt and Capel streets too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I like the place, plenty of bar space, atms, good smoking area and it's never dead. Plus you always run into someone you know in there. If it's not to your liking there's plenty more spots around it on Harcourt and Capel streets too.
    Where are you heading to on Capel street :P Camdem street you mean is it:D

Another annoying thing is that if you go on say Sunday, they will serve you right up until the music goes off and then try **** you out of the place immediately. They generally don't go on till 3.30 on a Suday so it can be 30 mins earlier. What happened to 30 mins drinking up time!

Where are you heading to on Capel street :P Camdem street you mean is it:D

My bad, haven't been in Dublin since last March so I slipped up there. Camden is where Flannery's is though, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Plus you always run into someone you know in there.
    That's the reason I hate it!

If I'm in Coppers I'm probably out of my tree and hanging off some Mullingar heifer or making a tit of myself to N17... the last thing I want is someone from home grinning at me in that "I know your parents and I'm going to remind you of this forever" way. Piss off!

later10 wrote: »
    That's the reason I hate it!

If I'm in Coppers I'm probably out of my tree and hanging off some Mullingar heifer or making a tit of myself to N17... the last thing I want is someone from home grinning at me in that "I know your parents and I'm going to remind you of this forever" way. Piss off!

Once you make a disgrace of yourself as badly and often as I have you stop feeling so self conscious about stuff like this. Or throw punches, it's all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask about local nightclubs in local forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement