Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRAI 2012 Nationals / Open Shoot.

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Results will be up on the NRAI website within a day or so.

The comp was good. turn out was a little down, but that was to be expected with people's belt tightening, and the bank holiday weekend.

Results were a mixed bag overall. It won't be hard find my name just look to the bottom of the list.:o Was a little cautious in my new load, and it ended up too slow for 900+ yards. So i withdrew.

After saying that others done extremely well with dev110 exceeding his own, and others expectations for his first comp. Wind was very tricky and it was not a case of looking just for changes in speed, but direction. Wind shifted from 1 o'clock to 11 then to 12.

Was good fun, and everything went smoothly. Did not make it on Sunday so am anxious to see results myself.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

As with EZ, problems with my load forced me out on the 900, but well done to DEV. was a good learning experience and got to meet some new faces. ... now wheres my kinetic hammer :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Even though I did pass my expectations for my first comp I had ammo problems at 1000. Would make a good wind call which would have given me a 5 but the round decided to drop into the 3 :(
    I know it wasn't me so need to check my reloading process. Can't wait for the next comp where I hope to improve scores a little more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭.243

dev110 wrote: »
    :(
    I know it wasn't me so need to check my reloading process
    whats this, a workman blaming his tools :D

Well I have to blame something :D

• Advertisement

Ya can get your own excuses. I already used that one above.:p:D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Any of the photos taken on the day up??

Results are up on the NRAI website in monthly bulletin

The Benchrest results were interesting. The FTR rifles were a good 5 inches smaller than the smallest F-Open. With 16" between smallest FTR, and largest F-Open.

Maybe FTR is the new F-Open.:D:p

Does anyone know if they shot in the same conditions/time, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Interesting results ,all round .
    Tables are most certainly turning ,imo!

• Advertisement

Ezridax wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they shot in the same conditions/time, etc?

The whole BR comp was shot over 45 mins or more and in that time the wind changed alot.

I had to keep an eye on the match rifle (2x15) and as a result I shot in the last detail of the BR where the wind seemed consistent, 1 o clock ~10mph.

I do know that out of all the FTR shooters only 5-6 scores were actually counted as the rest were spoiled, misses on the board, only 4 shots fired, etc.

I came in with a 30 inch group and wished I had used HPS ammo instead of the ammo I had trouble with the day before but I don't know if it was vertical or wind that got me.

It is clear that the FTR shooters are working hard and closing the gap on the F-Open and in some cases beating them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

I didnt know there was a hunting rifle category. What distance was that shot at?

/cough
    Ezridax wrote: »
    Saturday 5/5/2012
    Start | Description | Distance | Duration |
    14:00 | Historic Rifle & Hunting Rifle | 100 yards | 1:00 hrs |
    15:30 | Target Rifle | 500 & 600 yards | 1:15 hrs |
    17:00 | Range Closed | | |

• Hunting rifle will consist of 3 sighters and 20 shots to count at 100 yards, (open to all hunting calibres smallbore and centrefire)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Sorry about that Ez, I was just too lazy to read back

All that hard work for nothin.:mad:

Well when i say hard work i mean copy and paste. :D:p (with permission Minister Sherlock :rolleyes:) )

Advertisement