Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to volunteer in an Animal Shelter!

Options
  • 07-02-2012 3:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

I am looking to volunteer with an animal charity! Does anyone know any organizations looking for a spare pair of hands? I don't know where to even start looking! Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

Let's see what we can find
    Volunteer.ie check out the animals category near you
    DSPCA
    Dublin Zoo
    Try to decide how much time commitment you can give, what kind of volunteering you would like to do and what you have to offer, that organisations would need. Email/telephone a few places and get a feel for what might be available and what volunteering might be like with various places. If one place doesn't have a position maybe they can point you in the right direction for another organisation accepting volunteers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems quite difficult to get a volunteer opportunity in animal shelters - I guess this is because what most people like to volunteer to do.... And by their nature, animal lovers would be the type of person that would like to volunteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

There are lots & lots of ways you can help....
    The likes of Ashton Pound, always need people to walk the dogs they have to help them get some exercise & human interaction.
    You can also volunteer to do Home Checks, Transport & Fostering.

PM me if you want specific names & can point you in the right direction.
    Maybe I am wrong, but it seems quite difficult to get a volunteer opportunity in animal shelters - I guess this is because what most people like to volunteer to do.... And by their nature, animal lovers would be the type of person that would like to volunteer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭whippetgood

this is very interesting to me - i would love to walk some dogs! will have to look up local rescue centres tonight. thanks for suggestion

Advertisement