Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Iphone 4S on Emobile

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Baloch

Hi Tony,
    Can u give me an email ,so i can provide u all the details about my iphone on emobile and hopefully u can come back with a magic code :)
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭wba88

PM'ed on 11th, still waiting for a response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Baloch wrote: »
    Hi Tony,
    Can u give me an email ,so i can provide u all the details about my iphone on emobile and hopefully u can come back with a magic code :)
    Regards

Hi Baloch
    if you PM me these details I can chase for you, wil ldo my best.
    Tony

....still waiting

wba88 wrote: »
    ....still waiting

PM'd you now wba88.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 deeebeee

Its all still very vague Tony...

Can I get my iphone unlocked or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

emobile=meteor=eircom=a joke

deeebeee wrote: »
    Its all still very vague Tony...

Can I get my iphone unlocked or not?

Hi deeebeee
    Yes I agree that this is not very clear. If you could PM me your own mobile and PIN no. I can add some clarity on this for you.
    Tony

Hi wba88

I am afraid that this phone is not eligible for unlocking at this time.
    Tony

^Quote from PM

Can you explain the reasoning behind this please as requested via PM reply but ignored.

^Quote from PM

Can you explain the reasoning behind this please as requested via PM reply but ignored.

Your customer care is diabolical.

I asked the above question via pm on the 16th April, then on this thread on 18th April, then tweeted you requesting a response 10 times since that and have been told 4 times that you will reply to it straight away.

Any chance of answering a customers question please?

• Advertisement

Bump for answer

Bump for answer

Hi wba88,

I have replied to your PM.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Remind me never to go give custom to e-mobile or eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Oceans12

just to compare and contrast at the different levels of service from different mobile providers when it comes to unlocking phones.

last week o2 unlocked an iphone 4s a few days into a new contract,
    and today vodafone did the same, 1 day turn around to get the unlock email from vodafone.

Hi wba88,

I have replied to your PM.

Tony

You just repeated what you said before, you didn't answer my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madamab

Yes Tony - you never replied to my last pm - and I have been reading up on the competition authority regarding this issue and will be putting a case to them. Its so incompetent and you also never replied as to why my sons phone was never registered by the incompetent agent in December 2010 and therefore why he has never received any bonus credit which he must be due the full120 euro by now!!!!!

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

madamab wrote: »
    Yes Tony - you never replied to my last pm - and I have been reading up on the competition authority regarding this issue and will be putting a case to them. Its so incompetent and you also never replied as to why my sons phone was never registered by the incompetent agent in December 2010 and therefore why he has never received any bonus credit which he must be due the full120 euro by now!!!!!

Hi @wba88 and @madamab,

I have responded to both of your PM's.

Tony

Hi @wba88 and @madamab,

I have responded to both of your PM's.

Tony

You may have responded but you didn't answer my question. It's very simple, what requirements have I not met in order for me to get my phone unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 haystak

Hi, why is it so difficult for e-mobile network in Ireland to unlock any iphones? 

They say it is a problem with a 'process' regarding you apple which I don't believe,
    so they are basically giving apple bad press and blaming their reluctance to unlock any phones on apple.
    O2 and vodafone can request a factory unlock from apple for any phone on their network with a day,
    it would be good to get some clarity on this issue?

My father who is elderly and with emobile was given a new iphone 5C by them which he doesn't need/want, he wanted to give it to me
    instead (I'm on O2), but emobile wont unlock it unless there is 130 euro spent on the contract/6 bills.
    Just gives them bad publicity by doing this ands leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

haystak wrote: »
    Hi, why is it so difficult for e-mobile network in Ireland to unlock any iphones? 

They say it is a problem with a 'process' regarding you apple which I don't believe,
    so they are basically giving apple bad press and blaming their reluctance to unlock any phones on apple.
    O2 and vodafone can request a factory unlock from apple for any phone on their network with a day,
    it would be good to get some clarity on this issue?

My father who is elderly and with emobile was given a new iphone 5C by them which he doesn't need/want, he wanted to give it to me
    instead (I'm on O2), but emobile wont unlock it unless there is 130 euro spent on the contract/6 bills.
    Just gives them bad publicity by doing this ands leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths.
    Hi haystak,

In order to be eligible to request the unlocking code for a phone certain criteria has to be met. Once this has been met our customers are free to contact our customer care team to request the unlocking code. This is the same for all networks.

Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement