Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost per Sq Meter for an extension

Options
  • 07-02-2012 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Just looking for a ballpark figure on how much I could expect to pay per sq meter when getting quotes for an extension. I know it depends on the finish I'm looking for such as doors and floors etc, but for a basic build in Dublin on a typical 3 bed semi. Also, does the cost per sq meter go up if it's a 2 floor extension?
    Regards
    M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Budget €100-120 at least per sq ft for a run of the mill single storey kitchen extension to the rear of a 3 bed semi-d. Although there is no such thing as a price per square foot. There are so many factors to be taken into account. I'm starting an extension next week which if you want to put a sq ft price on it, it would equate to nearly €1000 per sq ft. Fairfaced Reinforced concrete and steel structure, iroko joinery to the entire house, carrera marble floors, underfloor heating, hi-tech alarm, bronzed powder coated external metalwork etc.
    You must compare like for like if you are to go by price per sq ft.

Advertisement