Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frost Free Fridge Freezer, Are they any good?

• 07-02-2012 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

I need to replace my fridge freezer and was going to go with a frost free type. I looked on some other message boards and have read that they tend to be troublesome and unreliable! Any thoughts from anyone who has purchased one? Does it do what it says on the tin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

ronan45 wrote: »
    I need to replace my fridge freezer and was going to go with a frost free type. I looked on some other message boards and have read that they tend to be troublesome and unreliable! Any thoughts from anyone who has purchased one? Does it do what it says on the tin?

Our bosch exxcel frost free is about 2 years old now and has been reliable but can be a bit noisy on the defrost cycle:(. Loud cracking noises, apparently the internal plastics contracting and expanding.

Apart from that it's great and no issues.

Stove Fan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Cheers stove fan. Noise in wouldnt mind once it doesnt ice up lol. My freezer is like a polar ice cap :(

thanks for your input buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rubberducky79

I have had a bosch one for about 3 years with not problems (touch wood) as previous poster said sometimes hear a cracking noise but nothing major noise wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭choobles

Would always go for frost free, the hassle it saves in regards to not having to defrost is brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Don't buy a Hotpoint frost-free freezer. I have one and it has never auto-defrosted. I have to unscrew the back behind the drawers and use a hairdryer to defrost it or it would take a week!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have an Electrolux one for over 3 years now. Can be occasionally noisy, but not enough for me to care, and it does as I expect it to (not frost up).

What model is your Hotpoint, Wyldwood? Are you sure it's a Frost-Free? Perhaps there is a fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

byte wrote: »
    What model is your Hotpoint, Wyldwood? Are you sure it's a Frost-Free? Perhaps there is a fault.

It's a Future FZA50 with "Frost free" written on it. I had the Hotpoint serviceman out to it and he told me to adjust the front legs so that it was higher on the front & would drain easier & that "those frost free things never work"! Should have sent it back when it was under guarantee. I'm just waiting for it to die so I can replace it now. Never buying anything Hotpoint again.

Advertisement