Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold in WoT - Hard copy is back in play as an option

Options
  • 07-02-2012 10:33am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Once again play.com has the WoT hard copy at a price to go for it at 6.99 EUR which is the only way I'd recommend buying gold for now. Why?

WoT box gives you 1 week of premium, 2k gold, 50k silver, a premium T2 tank (worth around 150k silver) with a new tank slot (and you keep on getting slots if you sell of the tank before using your next code, at least I did on my initial two boxes). All of this for a cost of 6.99 EUR.

Now lets compare to the most common gold package, the 5.5k gold for 19.95.

On gold alone you're ahead (2k gold / 6.99 = 286.12 gold per cent vs. 5.5k gold / 19.95 = 275,69 gold per cent) but on top of that you get for free 1 week of premium, 200k silver (selling the tank) AND a free garage slot worth 300 gold.

You can't get premium account status much cheaper then that and as a bonus you get a free garage slot AND silver as well.

Personally I've just ordered another 5 boxes (that's 10k gold, 5 tank slots, 1 Mil silver and 5 weeks of premium) for 34,95 EUR :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

bought 3 as i have the years premium already, but needed gold. the site says they are waiting for stock though , so it could be awhile before we see an arrival

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I got premium to May or June so I'm not in a hurry :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Zavvi also sells them for 8.45 (plus shipping, discount in groups of 3, 25 something with shipping for 3) which works out positive in price as well vs. Wargaming.net's prices . Zavvi lists them for shipping on 19th of March so quite a while away.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

Very tempted to order a few boxes....
    Thanks for the info (I think :D)

Question: Are you sure they haven't restricted the use of the codes?

My credit card got charged today by Play.com and my 5 boxes are listed as "Processing in warehouse" so I guess the shipment arrived (Play usually only charge once they got the stock).

Forgot to add to Phil; Wargaming have confirmed on their site by a developer that you'll always get the gold, premium and the credit; they also said if you had the tank in the garage you'd not get the tank (but if you sell the tank it's not in your garage). The only code you can't use is the new starter code (1k gold, 3 days premium) as it can only be activated once someone starts a new account (I tried and it did not work on my account) but that's a seperate code.

• Advertisement

still awaiting stock on my account. u must have got ALL the latest shipment u greedy bast*** :)

still awaiting stock.

Just had my Zavvi once get billed and shipped as well (was originally listed for mid March) along with my Play.com orders so I guess Wargaming send out a batch to all suppliers; any luck Merc?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

? any luck ??

mercenary2 wrote: »
    ? any luck ??
    Sorry should be Fragit not Merc :P

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

Dan

Stop buying up all the stock plelase! Having to wait ages cos you're a gold guzzler is not on :mad:

• Advertisement

price gone up to 10.99 euro now. they must have seen your post Dan:)
    my order is still awaiting stock :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Zavvi have them for £18 for 3, or £6.95 each, free delivery

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/world-of-tanks/10567120.html

Well there's still Zavvi with 3 for 18 GBP (not as good but from their euro prices still better then buying the 19.95 package on gold alone).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

*snap*

Auvers wrote: »
    *snap*
    * goes off deleting auvers post * :p

i nearly had forgotten about my order of 3 wot boxes at play.com.
    1 despatched and 2 proccessing in warehouse:) they must have some quality workers sorting out orders there

All 4 of mine have been dispatched :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Mine just got sent aswell - looks like dangrim finally stopped hogging the supply :P

zil wrote: »
    Mine just got sent aswell - looks like dangrim finally stopped hogging the supply :P
    Well I currently have 4 months of premium status and bought the Batchat with the gold and silver from the boxes so I only got the AMX50B to go (and that one I'm grinding out) :D

Codes used successfully :) also now have 4 invite codes if anyone is interested just ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Any updates on this or is the zavvi 3 boxes for £18.99 still the best deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mikemelbrooks

A clan Team mate says his zavvi order still has not arrived I got two from play.com.:) Mike

Currently the best deal as Play is to expensive :(

As noted though Zavvi is still not shipping anything by the looks of it though (I got 3 boxes outstanding).

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭WilliStrangle

Might buy them at GAME when they go bankrupt. Reduced prices :)

Advertisement