Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liam Neeson - WIKI Help needed

• 07-02-2012 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could help me with something.

Liam Neeson as we all know is proud to be Irish. On Wikipedia an argument has been raging for some time. As he took US citizenship in 2009 the US editors are insisting that is the only citizenship he holds and won't list either UK or Irish citizenship unless someone can show a source that he holds either.

Anyone any suggestions on where something like that might be found so some common sense can be restored to things?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Liam_Neeson

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Apparently he has a massive penis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Jesus christ. It's painful that people actually care about shít like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

That bollix jimmy wales :mad:

Liam Neeson sounds american anyway so they can have him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Let's attack America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Liam Neeson as we all know is proud to be Irish.

[citation needed]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

He is a great comedian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

If you change my Wiki page now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

- Liam Neeson, 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

[citation needed]

I have met him - but that would be classed as original research.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

In his latest film, he is Irish in character!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

smash wrote: »

Is he on Dickipedia?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Damn you Duggy. :p

Liam Neeson as we all know is proud to be Irish. On Wikipedia an argument has been raging for some time. As he took US citizenship in 2009 the US editors are insisting that is the only citizenship he holds and won't list either UK or Irish citizenship unless someone can show a source that he holds either.

Anyone any suggestions on where something like that might be found so some common sense can be restored to things?

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter this go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Well given that he was born in N. Ireland he has British and/or Irish citizenship.

If they claim he doesn't they have to provide proof that he renounced his citizenship.

Burden of proof is on them. Him having US citizenship is irrelevant.

Seachmall wrote: »
    Well given that he was born in N. Ireland he has British and/or Irish citizenship.

If they claim he doesn't they have to provide proof that he denounced his citizenship.

Burden of proof is on them. Him having a US passport is irrelevant.

Well they are saying the burden on proof is on those who want to add information to the article. i.e. To add that he has UK and/or Irish citizenship to the article needs to be accompanied by a reliable source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Well they are saying the burden on proof is on those who want to add information to the article. i.e. To add that he has UK and/or Irish citizenship to the article needs to be accompanied by a reliable source.

Well they are wrong.

Just because they got in there first doesn't mean the BoP has shifted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Why does this matter?

What interest is this to anyone?

We know he's Irish FFS. Just because some 15 year old Indonesian kid doesn't, doesn't warrant it to restart the troubles, or a shite thread detailing in full our national insecurities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Maybe he did denounce it?

What are rules on dual citizenship in US?

You don't need to renounce other citizenship to take US citizenship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

What's hilarious about this is the fact he was born in Ireland so who cares what his papers say. He is Irish, not American. He may have American citizenship but he's still Irish.

However this was not as funny as what was on the news last week when Enda "embraced" the new Irish and "welcomed" them to our "Family"
    None of them are Irish - lol

The first thing Enda probably said to them was "Now, pay up !"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I propose we stick an image of Neeson on the Irish flag to let everyone know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

You don't need to renounce other citizenship to take US citizenship.

Why do you give a fúck?

• Advertisement

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    What's hilarious about this is the fact he was born in Ireland so who cares what his papers say. He is Irish, not American. He may have American citizenship but he's still Irish.

However this was not as funny as what was on the news last week when Enda "embraced" the new Irish and "welcomed" them to our "Family"
    None of them are Irish - lol

The first thing Enda probably said to them was "Now, pay up !"

Unfortunately Wiki is full of this crap. In the entertainment world so much work is in the US. Especially in acting. A lot of international actors take out US citizenship just to make things more convenient. As soon as they do some American jumps on to their Wiki page and suddenly they become American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Liam_Neeson [/QUOTE]
    Maybe they should ask big Liam?
    Just a thought

By the way, that common sense approach you mentioned is to not care!
    I couldn't care less if wikipedia say he's a fúcking martian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I have met him too - he is as Irish as Michael Collins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Morlar wrote: »
    I have met him too - he is as Irish as Michael Collins.

the american astronaut? that just confusing things.. sure he was born in italy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

gurramok wrote: »
    In his latest film, he is Irish in character!!

For about 2/3's of the movie. He keeps using different Irish accents as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

On Wikipedia an argument has been raging for some time.

arguingontheinternetislikethespecialolympics.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just wait until he gets arrested for drink driving and they'll edit it themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

After seeing "The A-Team" I've decided the yanks can have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

He has full blown AIDS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Let's attack America.

That's you barred from america.Bye for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

He has full blown AIDS.
    Hes absolutley riddled with it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

If you could be arsed, you could ask him via Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Bag of rice in China, meh.

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    If you could be arsed, you could ask him via Twitter.

Funny thing is they would class that as "original research" and discount it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

smash wrote: »

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/dickinson-neeson-has-the-worlds-biggest-penis_1009286
    Speaking of Neeson, she reveals, "He unzipped his pants and an Evian bottle fell out. It was insane! Wouldn't you just go gaga? He was amazing!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

The Beast of Craggy Island is Irish. And when it yawns it sounds like Liam Neeson chasing a load of hens around inside a barrel.

Ipso facto, Liam Neeson is Irish.

Advertisement