Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC

Options
  • 07-02-2012 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a new PC. Something off the shelf but which will be easy to upgrade moving forward.....has to be good for games for the next three years or so. Have been up to PC World etc but dont trust those guys too much for advice.....any help would be appreciated. Budget of about €1k excluding monitor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If you'd fill this out, it'd be a great help.

When you say "off the shelf" would you be ok with ordering from a site that will put it together for you? All you'd have to do then is install Windows (which we can walk you through, the whole thing takes fifteen minutes.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Do you need a keyboard, mouse, OS?

So you want it built? Hardwareversand.de offer the service to build parts for €20. They're a frequently used around here but you should be aware that they only take bank transfer (or paypal up to €600, I think) as credit cards are not as common/popular in Germany.
    A lot of the other building services around aren't as good but building yourself isn't that hard or you can call on one of the volunteers around that has offered to build (I can dig this thread out if you want).

Advertisement