Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DisplayPort cable

Options
  • 07-02-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

Looking for one in a hurry, anyone here got a spare to sell/loan? Any ideas shop wise where I would get one today in Dublin? Tried Peats & PC world-zilch.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

Hey, glynf did you get this cable sorted, need a displayport to vga for tomorrow afternoon and can't find one anywhere, any help or advice on where stocks them would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hi,

The only people that had the DP to mini DP cables in stock was Maplins, and they wanted crazy money-35-40 for a lead?? Jog on.. the fact you say VGA I think what you need is different, if its for a GPU you want the DisplayPort to VGA adapter, something like this..

Anyway, online is your best bet to get one.

BTW if you are getting a new AMD card, it might come with the adapter, 7970's do for certain. You could check reviews re. box content or look it up on newegg, they nearly always have a picture of the box contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

Thanks for the reply, the cable you linked is what I need, I managed to locate one this morning on-line and am picking it up in a while in Dublin.

I had one before and use it regularly for work but wasn't in the laptop bag when went to get it.

Advertisement